HybridZ

so, all you technical geniuses....

z-REX

i have a dilemma. i'm moving next week and i can't figure out the easiest way to get my couch out of my apartment. and, no, the door is not an option... :bonk: when i bought it i had to bring it in off the top of the delivery truck thruogh my balcony doors. sounds simple.... do it again.... but wait, no box truck!! :cuss:

so.... anyone have any advice on how to get a leather couch to the ground off a 2nd floor balcony? oh yeah.... i would like the couch to survive the trip down!

wrap it in a large tarp with eyeits in it. weave some heavy duty rope in all the eyelits and duct tape the tarp closed (like a big couch burrito. have some friends help you slowly lift the couch over the railing and then lower it down using the ends of the rope that was threaded in the eyelits. you can lower it down level with both ends suspended, or lower it down length wise so you can set one end on the ground then have somebody one the ground guide it safely to the ground.

unwrap it, take a seat, and have a drink!

of course i laughed....but, well, i couldn't quite put it in the non-l6 board could i? :lol:

tim, the disassemble thing, you have to stop watching "short circuit", jonny 5! :wink: and i would sell it, or just leave it, if not for the fact that i actually LIKE the thing! it's black leather and all kinds of comfy. alright, who's gonna be the first to call me a pimp? :shock:

i think the couch burrito or some version of it might be the way to go. that's what i was thinking about before i posted... i just wondered what kind of suggestions i might get from this little merry band of wisea$$es. :hail: i hope it works... if not stay tuned for low-resolution pics of my shattered furniture! :cuss:

any further thoughts? keep them coming.....