HybridZ

19inch wheels on a S30... pic inside

Guest ON3GO

album_pic.php?pic_id=2984

ok ok ok.. so its not 100% true.. They are just mocked up to see if they would fit but there not on the car..BUT its kinda doable on stock body.. according to Vinnie on this site (its his friends Z) you would have to have the STIFFEST suspension so the car wouldnt move a tad bit. lol..

heck it looks sweet, maybe somebody should do this on this site for BLING BLING status.. wheres darius at lol.

mike

It looks like the car would have 7" of ground clearance with coilovers with those gigantic wheels. :?

I've seen late 80's Honda Accords with the same thing. 18" wheels' date=' no suspension travel, and really high off the ground. :?

Jon[/quote']

haha yeah but still.. we all wondered what a Z would look like...

mike

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA
It looks like the car would have 7" of ground clearance with coilovers with those gigantic wheels. :?

Look at the bright side' date=' with the aerodynamics of the Z, 7" of ground clearance could have you lifting off at a low 60MPH :D

heck it looks sweet

They look nice, but they are completely contradictory to function. The reciprocating mass increases and makes it take more stopping power. The ride gets much more harsh, and then you have to stiffen the suspension on top of that. I wont even put 19s on my truck, they are just way too big. I think 17s on a little Z is even pushing it. Those look nice in that picture, but I'll bet if you did a mockup with a full profile pic of the car you probably would not like how they look. In that pic you cant tell how truly small the Z is.

they would have to be tucked better than that I think with 30 series tires it could be done without raising the car. I think if you rolled the fender and didnt get to wide it would have a better chance too. Definatly for show only. 18's are a good compramise but are still going to be a performance compramise.

I think if you rolled the fender and didnt get to wide it would have a better chance too.

I see this term used often, but haven't the slightest idea what it means.... please explain...

My 17's sometimes scrape on large bumps, but not by much, and this may solve my problem if I knew what/how to "roll" the rear fenders.

thank you

joel

Joel,

A quick search on Yahoo turned up a "how to". This will give you an idea as to what the heck it is. It gives more clearence for wider tires.

http://vamp.darkravers.net/DIYRollingFenders.cfm

EDIT: I should add that if you use a heat gun on the area you are working on, you will have less of a chance for the paint chipping as you bend the lip up.

!M!

i think it would look cool but... you would need some serious power to be able to take off from the lights with a set of those on. if you didn't, you would just look like any number of those other ricers out there who practically stall the car out just trying to turn those huge wheels. :roll:

The fronts are easy. The rears aren't, it's too thick. I cut mine with a 4" grinder.

I think if you rolled the fender and didnt get to wide it would have a better chance too.

I see this term used often' date=' but haven't the slightest idea what it means.... please explain...

My 17's sometimes scrape on large bumps, but not by much, and this may solve my problem if I knew what/how to "roll" the rear fenders.

thank you

joel[/quote']

mat73gnz, my hard drive crashed and i've been so busy at work that i just got time to get my other computer up and running. i still haven't had a chance to see if i can get any of my info i.e. links and address book off the old drive. :roll: it's good to be back.