HybridZ

Any experience with BFG Radial T/As????

Guest orange260z

Guest orange260z

Hi All,

I recently bought a '74 260Z which came on a set of 14x7 mesh-type wheels (I believe they may be called "hotwires"??)

I really like the look of the wheels, and can't really afford new wheels and tires this year. I've got a pretty good deal on a set of new 215/60SR14 BFG Radial T/As, and am thinking of picking them up until I can afford a new set of wheels and tires in 16" or 17" (I really like 16" Panasports!).

However, I do plan to use this car for a lot of aggressive driving, some lapping events, and some autocross. How will they hold up to that kind of use? How are they on the track? How responsive are the sidewalls?

Any feedback would be helpful. I wish they still made Yokie AVS-i or even A509 in this size...

thanks in advance,

Ayan

Even though I've used the BFG T/As, and Comp T/As, I've known that they could be bested easily by many other tires. IMHO, These tires are fine for street use, but I'd leave them home when it comes to quick lap times. My impression is the compound is just too hard for quick times. Construction is great, but they are not a sticky tire. Again, just an opinion.

Terry is putting it VERY VERY nicely. If you want a tire that doesn't hold the road at all' date=' but has a cool looking tread, buy a set of TA's.

Jon[/quote']

I totally agree. My Z came with a set on when I first bought it. Those tires SUCKED for grip, if it was slightly wet, they completely lost grip. They look cool, and they are easy to spin and burn out. MHO - a ricer tire. ;)

OK street tire and will be passable on the track or at an autocross if you don't overdrive them. They get hot easily and then get real greasy. If you stay within the limits of the tires you'll be fine, just slow and noisy. Bump up the air pressures to the max listed on the sidewalls before any track or autox.

try looking in to a set of Falken Azenis Sports, my dad has them on his Z and they are very sticky, especially for the price. they hardly ever squeal even on the autox course. unfortuntely they come in limited sizes and the only 14" they carry is a 195/60

edit: i almost forgot, these aren't good winter tires :)

We're going to try some Kumho MX tires on the Cobra and see how they compare to the crappy Goodyear Eagle GS'.

Nitto makes a good drag radial. I believe the BFG G-force drag radial is better though. May want to read up on that one.