HybridZ

i see dead people...rant

dot

Hey Gents:

I’m kind of pissed off today. The kid across the street was murdered last night and his brother cut up pretty bad. I don’t know the details. I can just imagine what is going on in that house now on an emotional level. But it is one of those things you don’t expect around here. We have had four pot houses busted on my street in the past year. Eight in the neighbourhood. They don’t bother me much because those in residence usually keep a very low profile. But this killing sh!t.

I have come up from some very crappy areas. I have had to step over drunk and bleeding people on my way to school. I have worked my ass off for the past twenty five years and moved into an upscale yuppie area just so my family would not have to be exposed to this kind of thing.

As I sit here now the place is taped off and the evidence van and TV crews are in place. I’m not naive or anything. I know this stuff happens. Just not in my controlled corner of the word…..it sucks.

Amazing. You aren't safe anywhere from the scum & human waste that seems to be increasing on this earth. I am trying to control it by buying a house with 18 acres. I figure that will give me enough of a buffer zone that I can take a few shots at 'em before they get to close to the house. :wink:

I figure that will give me enough of a buffer zone that I can take a few shots at 'em before they get to close to the house. :wink:

Damn straight. I know exactly where to shoot to avoid legal problems later. I won the Milwaukee Sentinal Sports Show a few years back for marksmanship (sp?, little loaded right now) with a rifle, so, they are not getting away from me.

!M!

that's some scary .... :shock: i just moved out of a neighborhood where for the first year or more after i moved there i'd hear gunshots at least every other night. after midnight i almost hated being in any non-interior part of the apartment, if you know what i mean :eek2: . it's not a good feeling having first-hand knowledge that people are getting shot uncomfortably close to your home.

ah, but now i moved... say what you want about a trailer park...( :bonk: )... but at least it's quiet and i feel safe letting my kid outside.

Sorry to hear about that. I dont know what I would do if something like that happen so close to home.

I dont really have to worry too much though. I live in the middle of the woods on a 25 acre plot! Only one way in, 1/4 mile driveway through the woods. And if someone comes up the dirve way we know about it! Most people are too chicken to walk through the woods when its dark so all we have to worry about is someone coming up in the day time. Then they will have to deal with me and my 12 gauge shot gun! I have been hunting since I was 12 and I shoot competitivly with my shot gun so they arent safe with in 50 yards of me! LOL :twisted: I hope it never comes down to somthing like that though!

Well I hope things get better and that they catch the person who did this! Too bad there isnt a way to tell at birth who is going to be a useful human being and who is going to be a waste of skin! We could just elimnate them right away!

Guy

I guess thats why living in Aus is so nice there is a totally different attitude to guns with no right to bare arms as in your constitution.

Our death rates for stabbings are a little higher as a consequence but they have given new rights of seach to Police to reduce the amount of knife carrying in public.

Like Guy i'm on five acres outside metro area with our road shared with the neighbour opposite so not much comes and goes without you seeing it well before it arrives at front door. Neil

The gun and knife attitude in Canada is about the same as Neil in OZ. So we have a lot more stabbings and beatings. We still have guns we just don’t point them at each other…not yet. I do have two large noisy dogs.

My place is at the far end of a very quite neighbourhood. When a car comes down the street people take notice. Everyone knows everyone else. It is an awesome shock to all.

My teenaged kids are taking it in stride much to my surprise. I guess coming up from a crappy area has left them some what street smart. My lady and I just feel that have been slapped in the face by the closeness of a violent act in a place where we thought we could feel complacent. I guess you can never drop your guard. Too bad.

Thats retarded man... Sucks that it can happen right on your street like that Glenn.. I'd say you should move up here, but it can get.uh... rowdy sometimes too! Although.. I don't think anyone has been murdered here in over 2 years.. and the last one was because of a similar problem; two guys (19-20) got into a fight over a GIRL, and one ended up getting stabed to death.

Guest BigWhyteDude

I dont know about anywhere else but in Ga. The only way you can leagaly shoot someone is if they are in your home. You cant do it if they are out side of your home in your yard. Not sure but i think that is how it is here. Maybe Georgia Flash 75V8 can chime in on this.

Andrew

Glen, your situation is indeed unfortunate. It's not just where you live. That kind of problem surfaces even the the most up scale neighborhoods. There are several things you and your neighbors can do. Start a neighborhood watch. Many times you help us with tips and what might seem to be unconsiquential information. Small items sometimes go unnoticed to the untrained eye. Talk with your local Police Agencies and see what other high profile problems might have surfaced in your particular area. Is there a pattern forming? Note any unusual, suspecious, individuals, vehicles or recent activities in your area. Write down the descriptions, license numbers, etc., and give it to the authorities. Depending on your childs age(s) talk with them and set communication standards, so you are both on the same page. Give them a set time to be off the streets at night, or what to watch out for when they are away from home or alone. There is a lot you can to to help ease any tension or anxieties that they may have over this or similar incidents that they may have been exposed to. Also, the school(s) sometimes have interdiction classes for kids. That may be something worth looking into. As a Law Enforcement Ofcr., I deal with this kind of crap every day! The scum of the earth seems to love to be in groups. Kind of a safety in numbers thing! Be aware of your options, don't be intimidated by any of them. And if you just think before you act (especially when using a firearm). Trying to solve something all by yourself, can sometimes create a whole can of worms for you before you know it. Stay safe. VAN aka Gld7PtStar

Start a neighborhood watch.

Now that I'm older, I see the importance of such a watch. But there is a problem, I found that people just don't care enough. There might be one or two good neighbors that are willing to help out, but seriously, the rest don't care. Here, I'll prove my point:

Irony.jpg

Now, this picture may or may not have been taken by me. This sign may or may not have been taken down by me about 12 years ago in a nice high class neighborhood. If I had, which I'm not saying I did, I'm sure that I would have learned that stealing is not right.

!M!

Thanks for the thoughts Van. Yours must be a tough job.

I am afraid I am going to have to disagree with you Matt. The neighbourhood watch programs do work. I have first hand knowledge of an foiled child abduction and two apprehended thieves in my old area. No the program doesn’t work 100 percent of the time but it is the best the public can do. In this case the killer was just some creep who lost it. It’s imposable to figure something like that in advance. We still keep an eye on things around here.

My family comes first for me. This incident hit just too close to home.

ah' date=' but now i moved... say what you want about a trailer park...( :bonk: )... but at least it's quiet and i feel safe letting my kid outside.[/quote'] Must be nice, The trailer park I lived in for a few years had a shooting ever month almost, and just last year the bomb squad was called in cause some bozo was mass producing pipe bombs. :shock:

in my neighborhood, not very much goes on, but on Wednesday we had a shooting about 3 blocks from my house. Supposedly a vietnamese man who was not familiar with the area was at a stop sign when two men with guns walked up to his car, and when he saw them (he knew them) and tried to get away he accidentally clipped their car that was behind him and they opened fire into his car. He was hit but he didnt get killed, but still, it hits pretty close to home :evil: