HybridZ

OK Have to ask 240sx 5spd

ToplessZ

Ok I keep seeing the 240sx five speed mentioned in posts as being bulletproof. Last concensus I gathered was that it couldnt be made to fit an L series but I have heard it talked about and made to sound as if it would. Whats the real skinny could it be adapted to work. I know the gears are optimal for turbo'ing and if its as strong as everyone says would make a great budget trans. Lets hear it experts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

troy ermish in fremont ca, is machining l series bellhousings so the ka trans will bolt right up here is his ad from dq.

Tired of trying to find a good 280zx trans. Now you can use a 240sx transmission with your L-series engine. 240sx transmissions are stronger and have a lot less miles when you pull one from the yard. I have made a jig and can machine your L-series bell housing so that it can be bolted to a 240sx (ka) transmission. Send or stop by, for $100 I will machine your bell housing, and supply you with a new nissan counter shaft bearing. I have a few bell housing ready to go and if you have the trans for $200 I can intall my machined bell and new bearing. Check my web site for new photos of current projects including my Vintage 2.5 Trans Am race car

and his website

http://www.ermish-racing.com/

Guest ON3GO

no shat!!! thats awesome.. i wanna do that.

i have a tranny and everything.

and for 100 bucks thats hard to beat.. just need a custom driveshaft made.

mike!

I'd say you'd use stuff for the Z, as all that stuff is contained under the L-series bellhousing, which is still used.

Sounds like a cool deal, if I ever do build a turbo motor I'll look into this :D I have a friend who's dealt with Troy in getting a Nismo R180 LSD for his 510 and everything checked out.

My buddy once ran a 225mm Z clutch in his 240sx, i dont think the 240mm would pose a problem. Those trannies are pretty strong, and you can get a B&m short shifter for them that works GREAT. I would rate the tranny at least as strong as a turbo t5, but more available. Im gonna check out Mr. Armish, the price is right and those trannies go for almost nothing, even with a motor still attached to them!

I have made a jig and can machine your L-series bell housing so that it can be bolted to a 240sx (ka) transmission.

I thought the 240 - 280Z transmission has a one-piece case with a built-in bellhousing :? Which part is he machining? a 280ZXT T-5 bell?

• 2 weeks later...