HybridZ

Supra 2JZ-GTE swap into 240Z (pics)

cyrus

Bridguy280z I will use the silicone elbows, cool. Now I need a favor.

What brand and part number for the AC evaporator will work in a 240Z, I need it quick!

and

Who does good Spearco Intercooler work?

I have been busting my tail working on this project. I have purchase all the turbo plumbing excepth the intercooler which will be done by turbonetics. I got a hawker 680 battery. I also will have an electric fan because the supra in mounted on the side of the engine. So my plan is to:

completly mount the engine and trans this weekend.

by next weekend

Mount radiator, and plumbing, hook up wire and tank and fuel line temporarly so I can start the engine by next 5/22/04. I hope to get some good pics.

Guest Speaker
Bastaad:: have you not seen the (I think) 1300 All wheel HP skyline in austrailia? it is a street driven car.. it is called the GTR700. now I am not sure if the bottom end is stock..But it runs 8.90's at 150+miles an hour.. and has full interier and not just a track car.. How is that for nissan making power.. Here is the link..

http://www.exvitermini.com/ go to movies and then GTR700..

dont forget that car was nowhere NEAR stock; the bottom end was built like you wouldnt believe; and the head was worked EXTENSIVELY

and the only way that motor made that much power was because it revved to 13k rpms... definitely not a street car in any sense of the word; it didnt start making power until about 7k rpms+ More like a bike motor really... excellent for a AWD drag racer...

but not a street car... the vids with him driving around was when he was making ~700hp i believe... and even then he had the bottom and top built up

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears. I have finished (with help) the engine mounts, trans mount and the radiaor main support. The engine and trans are full installed in the car. The shifter comes out in the ashtray. I have lots of pictures of the install. Who can host?

I can't wait to hear the turbos flying!

Thanks.

Nice move on the mounts. It also reinforces the frame, welding them to the TC support.

Daddy Like!!

How did you get around the steering shaft interferance? u-joint?

Thanks for the pics,

Mike

Now the real magic for this mounting system is I made the supra mounts point straight down, the mounts are 15 degrees outerward each stock. By this mod the mounts were cake. I just got the rad mount and fan mostly done. I am firing it up soon. The shifter is in a perfect postion if you are tall.

See the electrics all over the car? well I started it last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am trying to remove the ABS, TRAC, Radio, and PW that should remove about half of the wiring. The wiring wieghs about 65 pounds and has 8 seperate computers.

Greetings,

I worked like crazy over this three day weekend. I got a lot done. I finished the supra engine bay harness, supra body harness, datsun engine bay harness, datsun body harness. I then mounted the computer and drilled all the the access hole thru the firewall. I got to set up the intercooler, condsesor and radiator still and mount the battery. I am looking into the fuel celll and option to narrow the supra irs. I will get pics especially of the 20 pounds of wire I cut out strand by strand.

Guest porschephile

Uh,yeah, Mario's GTR is nowhere near streetable anymore. All the vids of him driving it on the street were when he was using gt2835 twins and making ~700hp. It's an all out drag car now.

Hybrid240z, awesome work! Your swap looks like it's coming along nicely. Keep up the great work. :)