HybridZ

Supra 2JZ-GTE swap into 240Z (pics)

cyrus

Guest 2slo4u

So where ya gonna put that rb, Joel? Into the 240? Hopefully you didn't give up on the stroker engine. That thing is wicked. BTW, is that your conquest sitting in front of Colonial? It looks pretty cool. I almost got one from a guy that left his sitting in the Roundtree parking lot for a few days with the windows down. My friend there said he'd sell it for 800 but I wasn't so sure on reliability of that turbo motor so I got the 81turbo instead. Now I'm kinda wishin' I didn't because of the rust I'll have to repair. Oh well if someone doesn't buy it first, I'll get it cherry eventually.

(Getting z31 ecu conversion parts together asap.) Do you ever race the Z? Don't see you driving it much.

Brian aka 2slo4u

L.C. La

Guest pcastinator

Cyrus, yoour work is a shining example to us all. Seriously, write a book, or at least post some comprehensive notes for other would-be engine swappers!

Question, how well would the 2jzgte fit into a 260z?

Update.

I worked on the Z this weekend. I went to the pick a part in san jose and picked up a R200. And to help hydriderz out there is a nice 1970 in the pick part it has a nice grill, rear hatch (with the vents), engine, etc. and the car is very complete. So now I have a 3.8:1 first with a 3.545 rear heh heh! I also pick up the pedals to run the manual trans etc.

Cyrus

I am going to run the SUpra IRS but that is a huge project. I want to run the car with the r200 while I narrow the supra.

PS if this thing does not go at least 115mph (stock) in the quarter mile I will be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad.

cyrus 115 should be in the bag. I was running 127 MPH with 680cc injectors, SDS, FMIC and 15 PSI of booste. I think the 2JZ should be able to meet or beat the rb26 power rating with similar mods.

Gents and Ladies too,

I just emailed a load of pics to Marcos. You can see I finished up the intake system. The intake took some time to get it right. As you can see I have the drive shaft (28.5") and a R200 with a 3.545 gear. The supra has a 3.8 first so I think It will take off acceptably. The drive shaft is massive heavy wall thickness, three in dia with heavy duty parts including a slip joint. I only need the the clutch, exhaust and fuel now.

ps If you look close you can see my toe ring.

;)

j/k (wifes)

The top drive shaft is the supra

the middle is the datun

the bottom is the custom

I also thought about running the car with no grill but the grill looks better!

Cyrus, can you please let me know what the dimentions of your I/C core only is ??

I'm going to be having James Thagard build me up some end tanks for the Garret core I just bought from him. Also if you really wanted to be a pal, I'd love the dems on the end tanks too.... :D:D

If not, just the core will do, so I can see what size fits in their so nice, like you did...

BTW, that looks so badass.... :2thumbs:

thank you

joel

Guest 240Zduz10s

there better be videos of this cars maiden voyage to the track, and also updated videos for when it gets more and more out of control .

cyrus.. you would be king of the world if you kept really accurate notes on wiring and such so other folks could duplicate your madness..

good luck and keep up the good work on what i think will be the best z ever !!!

Guest mongrel

Intercoolers from trucks are everybit as hightech and effecient as what the aftermarket has to offer! At least those that come off Volvo and Scania trucks. I cut the standard tanks off and made new, looks great! This is a good way not to waste money!

Guest RCNSC

Its amazing how you guys figure all this stuff out. Wiring, tons of custom fabrication... insane.

I don't think I'll ever be able to drop an entire drivetrain and all the crap that goes with it into a car and make it run....

Big props and make some vids when its all ready to go!

BTW - Such a big project and no garage?