HybridZ

Just Got Back from the Show

zguy95135

The show was huge this year. I got to meet Tim240Z and see some other HybridZ cars, there werent too many turbo conversions this year. I saw TurboMeister's car, HOLY DODO!!! those turbos are huge! There were some crazy Z's there, especially this Z32 with murals all over it with some girl with scars on her face, I dont know what was up with that, but it was umm... interesting. It was a great trip up from San Jose, but its too bad that we couldnt bring any of our Z's. But the rented Alero was great, it was pretty powerful, had great brakes, got 25mpg doing 85mph, great quality and the damn thing even had good handling. I have some pics of the show I took, but I cant post em until they get developed. Even the cheap Econolodge room was pretty nice, and there were some cute waitresses :D . Next year, the Z is goin...hopefully :)

BTW go to the Katella Grill, the best resteraunt food Ive had in years!

well i was kinda disappointed by the show this year. granted there were a ton of hybrids, however a lot of people from last year didnt make it this year. the LZ24 powered 510 with the t-72 turbo, the RB26 powered 240 and some others that i was looking forward to seeing, but still a great show nonetheless. there were so many TT's it was incredible along with a TT 350 and a few supercharged 350's. also all of the LT1 hybridz looked really nice.

BTW go to the Katella Grill, the best resteraunt food Ive had in years!

Just don't get the "Jim Sauce" on your burger.

I don't know if I really want to know about that....esp. coming from John! (uh..no pun intended at all) :twisted:

True, the show had a ton of Z's. People everywhere, and it seemed rather organized for a change. This years HybridZ made a good showing. Seeing members from NorCal to San Diego. We experienced no real problem with anything this year, and even managed to do a little "Road Kill Cusine" on the Barbie. Cudos go to John for fabrication techniques, to Owen for keeping the drinks flowing, and our newest celebrated Television CelibrityPersonality...Tim 240Z! Who also side lines as a pretty good short order cook! It was good to see both old and new faces. All-in-all, the weather was great, the people were not overbearing, at least where where we were stationed, and it was a nice gathering.

The HybridZ cars all looked good, sporting only that which they can do. Lots of looks, lots of good comments, and lots of PICS were shot. That alone is a big tribute to our group. I met "Hans" who lives in Murrietta and ownes a '72 240 V-8 solid rear axle Pro Street beauty. During last Oct at the Old Town Temecula Show, I invited him to join us this year at MSA. It was great to see him there and have him as part of our group.

Owens car sported some really cool custom interior mods. Dash and door panels...in a word sharp! Really give it that custom look. Tim's Mongoose was a stand out! Very clean and nicely done. It speaks very well of him, as did his TV interview. The Orange Crate 2/3rds body work completed and primed out, featured an exposed engine bay with a Custom Double Barrel Shotgun Air Scoop on a 6" induction riser. While checking out the other rides, Owen and I ran into several other HybridZster from Salinas, San Jose and Petiluma. Good show, lots to see, and we were there!.

Glad to see the good representation for Hybrid. Next year will see an even bigger change and growth for HybridZ. Thanks to everyone who participated. VAN

Additional information...Next Saturday May 1st and 2nd in Riverside, the "Show and Go. Sat show n shine, coupled with open header cruise, header comp, featuring lots of customs, vendors, and of course the Bud girls. Sunday as part of the package, run what ya brung, drags at the Muni airport. A great weekend filled with just about everything a car person could want! Any questions, E-mail me or add on to the posts.

Thanks, VAN

THAT is the show I'd like to make... Unfortunately, I'm still in the hold pattern for my new job, and the honeydew list is sitting on my desk right now, or I'd grab one of those cheap flights to make that open header cruise! :D

Hopefully next year guys! The new gig will give me 5 weeks of leave, so time won't be an issue. 8)

Mike :D

Hey Mike: I'll take some PICS and put a few up for all to get a better idea of what it's like. Unfortunately, the Sunday Drags I won't be able to make. But the cruise/open header festivatives on Sat., yes I will put them up! Hope that eases your pain a bit!

ATB, VAN