HybridZ

Primered cars : )

280Zone

I LOVE primered cars :D:D:D What color of primer is that (Darth Grey?). Personallly I like a slight tint of blue in mine. Get a paint chip? Just glob on some filler primer and wet sand.

Seriously, lets get together and talk about our inability to put paint on the car.

Evil,

The hood vent are from a Pontiac TransAm (I think early eighties).

Green,

The Wheels are Centerline Rhino's (they were on sale you wouldn't believe how much I saved).

Blue, it is a black catalyzed (sp?) primer, I can get the brand name later today. I think there is also a 12 step program for those afraid of paint.

Akeizm, I can get fiberglass to stick to anything, fingers, hair, the floor, the cat. But eventually I can get some where I need it too.

The air dam is a modified Motorsports Aero II front air dam. I can't just bolt something on the way I buy it. : )

My car was the Dupont DP90 for a year but it was not holding up to the sun, so I had it redone and have it in the garage.

looks good.

the side vents, off a trans am ?

are they functional ?

did you cut into the inner fender wells ? any ducting ?

i'm looking to get the heat out of the engine compartment. i had a set of side vents from a 78 trans am, but thought, they might be too large.

any pix with more details of the side vents, inside the engine compartment, under the fender ?

thanks, wayne

The side vents are from a Camaro I think it was the 80-81 model. I guess they are getting a little hard to come by so the FBody boys might get a little upset to see what I am using them for.

Functional? yes they get all of that offensive hot air away from the back of my front tires ;) I have not vented them into the engine compartment yet. I still haven't decided what they intent is.

The older Trans AM side vents are just a little too busy for me. I had a 73 TA and they looked fine but they don't look that good on a Z IMO.

I can get pictures of anything you need but like I said right now they do not vent to the engine compartment.

Just wondering why the air around the tires would be hot? I assume the air would be coming from the air dam, etc. at the front corners of the car

and would be cold air. Also, why would you want to vent the air in the fenders into the engine compartment? Wouldn't your side vents take care

of all the venting?

Owen

Owen, Ok you caught me, the vents are just for looks, the only hot air behind the tires would be from the brakes. I just liked the look.

Nismo, no offense taken, I built it the way I like it thats all that counts to me. The cowl is cut and fiberglassed in, so it is still mostly metal.