HybridZ

RANT: I hate my apt management: bunch of we-todds

auxilary

backstory: About 2 years ago, after my crossdressing roommate moved out, I requested the management to change the locks. Then I asked again. And again. Obviously, there's a pattern there. Then the apt. management had the audacity to BILL me for $60 for lock change. I politely told them to fornicate themselves because the job was never done

About 2 months ago, I got a notice stating that I owe them $36, and if I don't pay within 3 days to move out. Didn't say WHY. I called, and called again, and finally managed to get a hold of someone to question as to why I owe $36. Reply came in form of "uh... I'm not sure, we'll look into it and get back to you"

Great. Don't hear a peep for 2 months, until yesterday. I get home to find a notice taped to my door stating something to the effect of: "Dear sir, it has come to our attention that you owe us $36. Pay up or get out". I get pissed off. I leave a message on the answering machine for them to call me at work to sort this shit out, because I'm tired of them trying to weasel money out of me. I get home today, and there's another note on my door, and a message on my HOME answering machine.

"Hello, I got your message, we're trying to track down why you owe us $36, but in the mean time it has come to our attention that you haven't paid your security deposit of $930, and we would like to look into that."

As I am listening to that, I am holding my apt. contract where it says I paid for the ******* thing. I open the envelope, and it's an official letter telling me I moved into the apt and signed the lease in 1992 (ah yes, when I was 14 years old, and a freshman in HS!) and never paid my security deposit!

idiots

As I am listening to that, I am holding my apt. contract where it says I paid for the darn thing. I open the envelope, and it's an official letter telling me I moved into the apt and signed the lease in 1992 (ah yes, when I was 14 years old, and a freshman in HS!) and never paid my security deposit!

I wish I could be there to see their faces when they realize how dumb they are! :twak: :malebitchslap: :bonk:

Guy

Hey Auxillary,

If your management is billing you for changing locks when they did not provide the service, be absolutely sure that you respond to the letter, in writing, return receipt requested. These things can end up with a notice to comply with covenants and then an unlawful detainer hearing. Believe me, create a paper record right now with your management.

g

Do everything in writing. Send the letters Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation or 1st Class with Return Receipt. If they fail to respond you've got a lot of evidence to withhold your rent. You can take them to court for attempting to collect invalid debts. Make sure they didn't file it against your credit report, if they did take them to court, you could probably get punitive damages.

- Joe

Do some research and find out who actually owns the apartment building (county records). Politely document all the troubles you've been having and send that person a letter. You'll get a response and some action quickly.

Years ago I did that and got an apology, a new management company, new carpet, new paint, and one month's free rent for my trouble.

This reminds me of why I really was liberated the day I moved out of my appartment five years ago last month and moved into the house I own now! :D I remember the one time I had my appartment manager come over and tell me he was going to call the cops on me if I didn't quit working on my car... I was checking the oil! :roll: I told him that if he want to, to go ahead, but that I had another place I'd be sticking that dipstick (As I shook it at him, getting oil on him!)! :twisted:

He held his hands up and walked away... I never heard another peep!

Mike :lol: