HybridZ

Get the ice cream home before it melts

Tim240z

I have a 96 Voyager with a 3.6l in it. With all the seats out and no passanger it will suprise most ricers and leave them 1 or 2 car lengths behind me. Much quicker than my 3.2L 2001 Toyota Tachoma, and it's supose to have like 190 HP. I guess a van was designed to carry a big load, so it's gotta have some power.

Dale

Nobody will see you. Nobody will even look. Minivans are invisible. Nobody wants to see them. They shed witnesses like DuPont's SilverStone sheds bacon fat. Give me a light grey one, a little dusty, and I'll get down the road beneath all notice. Ever see a minivan pulled over by the speed squad? Of course not. Enforcers click on interesting cars, not appliances.

:shock::D:hail::burnout::bonk: ROTFLMAO

That is insane! I still wouldn't drive one... if anything, I'd build a turbo Sundance. At least they look a little better, and you can find more of them standard shift. Still a 'sleeper' looking grocery getter.. but man I just HATE minivans! I'v always said, before I buy a mini van I'd get a mid 80's Volvo Turbo wagon. I'd probly cry though if one of those vans smoked me in my Z!

My service writer at work is always finding pictures of crazy vehicles. One day he had a picture of a new Dodge Caravan that was all pimped out(22" chrome wheels, lower, red with silver racing strips, etc) up on his desktop on his computer. So I start ripping into him about having a picture of a minivan on his computer. Then he tells me that is a RWD HEMI(new HEMI) power minivan! :shock: I wish he would have had a pic of under the hood!

I hate minivans too and I really dont care whats under the hood, I'm still NOT going to drive one! :D

I hate minivans too and I really dont care whats under the hood, I'm still NOT going to drive one! :D

Hell, I'll drive an old milk truck with a 30 hp engine in it and enjoy it. I like driving anything. I'm not afraid of what people think of me.

Dale

You guys saying you'll never drive a mini-van. Just wait until you have a couple kids and the wife wants something to haul them and their friends around in! It's tough to beat these things as an appliance to haul around everything under the sun.

I have a 1995 GMC Safari with the 4.3 liter Vortec V6 and let me tell you it has some balls, rides nice and has all the creature comforts. Yeah it's not a sports car but try pulling a camper with your Z then you'll think differently about them. I can tow a large tent trailer and have the van loaded with 4 people, 1 dog and 500 pounds of camping stuff and still run with the AC on at 70 MPH.

They're not sexy but they are VERY useful and can even be fun to drive, especially when you catch some kid in a "SPORTS" car by surprise at a light and take him for the first block or so.

Wheelman

...Just wait until you have a couple kids and the wife wants something to haul them and their friends around in! ...

Wheelman

I wish! I could have saved A LOT of $$ if my wife would even consider a minivan. She wouldn't even consider a Volvo V70XC. In her words: "It's STILL a station wagon...

When I first met her, she wouldn't even consider a 4 door sport sedan. I ended up having to shell out for an Eddie Bauer Expedition to hold the kids and all the gear.

...Just wait until you have a couple kids and the wife wants something to haul them and their friends around in! ...

Wheelman

I wish! I could have saved A LOT of $$ if my wife would even consider a minivan. She wouldn't even consider a Volvo V70XC. In her words: "It's STILL a station wagon...

When I first met her' date=' she wouldn't even consider a 4 door sport sedan. I ended up having to shell out for an Eddie Bauer Expedition to hold the kids and all the gear.[/quote']

Well...now we know who wears the pants in that family :twisted::twisted::roll::oops::D:D

Well...now we know who wears the pants in that family :twisted::twisted::roll::oops::D:D

I've never claimed any different :roll:

You know what they say: "If mamma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!"

As long as I make sure she's happy, she doesn't question where all the shiny new parts in my garage are coming from!