HybridZ

Who has a for sure R230 in their Z?

Brad-ManQ45

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still unsure.....

According to all the info I've found on the web (third party stuff...IE: unsure of reliability) is that the Q45 diff is R200VLSD, but according to a member here who works for Nissan USA, it is an R230....So I still don't know.

http://www.zilvia.net/installs/lsd/lsdswap.asp

So it appears that whoever has a 300ZXTT diff has an R230 for sure....

I'm wondering because of the axle issue - are the Q45 R200 and 300ZXTT R230 the same width at the axle flanges?

wonder if Ross actuall used an R230 or the Q diff...

If not, then a lot of effort has gone into Q45 CV setup for an R200 - granted, it is a limited slip, and the axles are stronger.

I don't know, I think I'll start with my R200 and wait 4 one of the Armada R230's with 3.36 or 2.xx ratio for the turbo V-8 project...

I'm using the R-230, from a Q 45, yes for sure it is an r-230. I have had it apart and compared it to the R-200 that came out of the car and the ring and pinion dwarf the r-200 ring and pinion.

I'm using the R-230, from a Q 45, yes for sure it is an r-230. I have had it apart and compared it to the R-200 that came out of the car and the ring and pinion dwarf the r-200 ring and pinion.

That's good enough for me!!!!

Might as well throw this up on this thread as well.

Diff%20compare%201.jpg

Diff%20compare%202.jpg

Diff%20compare%203.jpg

Diff%20compare%204.jpg

Subaru R160 is the same case as the 510 R160. (except it is LSD) I don't have an R180 here to throw in the mix, I just gave all 3 away last week. Note the differences between the R200's.

Hi Tim,

Many thanks to Drax for his pics which if you look closely shows that an R230 has a 10 bolt rear cover. The two R200s, long and short nose both have an 8 bolt rear cover.

I have to say that it is extremely frustrating Tim that you keep promoting your pic as an R230 which keeps the mis-info on this issue alive.

To anyone requiring more info there is ample to be found using the search function: Neil

All I know is that I bought a '92 Q45 diff out of the car at the same time and in the same yard with my rear suspension stuff from the 240SX for my swap. It looked very tired and I ran across a 300ZXTT diff and it definitely bigger. I reworked my mounting points to accomodate it. Regardless, has anyone ever broken the Q45VLSD. If not, its all good.