HybridZ

Billet 3/4" Mustache bar finaly completed for Q45

LS1240Z

Just wondering what your guys think.This is one of a few things that I'm having made for my 240.I'm still not done with it.I'm sending it out to get anidized and do a couple things to it.

Differential_Mount_2.sized.jpg

DSC00968.sized.jpg

DSC00967.sized.jpg

DSC00969.sized.jpg

This is the new front mount I had made.Bolts right up with no binding up at all.

DSC00976.sized.jpg

DSC00977.sized.jpg

Guest iskone

I hate this diff stuff!!!! :evil:

That is an R200, right?

From everything I've read over, and over, and over, and all the pictures I have on my PC that is an R200 out of a Q45.

A while back I decieded I can't nail down the R200 sublties but I know for sure that the pictured diff is not a R230 out of a 90-96 300ZXTT

It doesn't look like that would fit a R230 but hopfully it will if you plan to sell those.

Isaac

Correct me if I'm wrong,I think the factory Q45 diff is basicly a R200 housing with internals of a R230.I had a diff out of a 94 TT but the mounting for it was way different.I was told the gears in it were to low for my application.I'm running the T56 so I went to the Q45.My cousin Darius has a diff from a 300 TT and he has no traction 1,2,3 gears.So I wanted to try this one out.

Oh dear not again,

Gotta say thats a beautiful piece of machining, but the diff from all my research is R200 the only internals it might share witth R230 are the side gears which take the R230 axle stubs.

A Z32TT R230 with 3.692 ratio isn't that much different to the Q45 R200 3.538 ratio but is big difference from Z32NA R200 of 4.083 ratio.

Unless your running a big torque motor, carry on with what you've got its still VLSD and will have the heavy 6 bolt axles.

The quality of the workmanship is first class!!!!!!!!!!!! Neil

Right now the torque I have is 355.8 but I plan to have a whole lot more then that.I know I can run up to 600 HP no problem.My cousin Darius was putting almost 700HP ar the wheels before the motor blew on the dyno and the car was so out of toon.He beats his car and he never blew a diff....that's what sold me :2thumbs: .......Thanks for the compliment on the bar,put alot of hard work into this one to make it right the first time,the material alone was about $200............cant afford the just try again.

Oh dear not again' date='

Gotta say thats a beautiful piece of machining, but the diff from all my research is R200 the only internals it might share witth R230 are the side gears which take the R230 axle stubs.

A Z32TT R230 with 3.692 ratio isn't that much different to the Q45 R200 3.538 ratio but is big difference from Z32NA R200 of 4.083 ratio.

Unless your running a big torque motor, carry on with what you've got its still VLSD and will have the heavy 6 bolt axles.

The quality of the workmanship is first class!!!!!!!!!!!! Neil[/quote']

I have a buddy with a 240sx that flogs it and goes to drift competitions and doesnt break anything in the rear end with it stock, that tells me I could own one and not dog it and it would last a long time :D Going with that line of thinking, if Darius flogged an r230 and axles nor diff went on him, must be OK :D

I know what you mean about having all the machines.The are so explesive.I'm lucky to have a buddy that has a new machine shop and is building stuff we always talked about finaly.

I am going to HAVE to start saving so I can buy my own lathe and mill' date=' I want to cut chips so bad when i see this kind of stuff!

Great work![/quote']

• 3 weeks later...

That sounds like a pretty sweet swap......I didnt plan on getting more make because it is so costly.I payed for designing time and the jig for the mustache bar.I know it would be cheaper for you because he has all the measurements.I would hook you up directly with my builder....I'm not interested in making a profit from this mustache bar.Unless I buy like 30 of them so if your serious just let me know and will forward you his contact info.I will allow for him to use my jig.I have another Mustache bar that I bought from Arizona Z that is billet.I can give you a sweet deal on that if you want and it's for a R230....it's right here in my garage and I never used it.It's 1/2 inch and the one you see in the picture is 3/4.

Planning on having any more of those made? I have a Q45 diff that I'm planning on throwing in my 280Z... along with the Q45 engine. :D