HybridZ

sweet ride or too good to be true? please help!

Guest 240zgtr

Guest 240zgtr

i'm seriously considering buying this car but it almost looks too good to be ture. it's got a 330hp 3.1ltr. stroker engine yet still has the original 4 speed transmission? to me this doesnt make much sense maybe you could help me figure out why someone would put so much work and money into the engine but not the drivetrain and suspension. according to the owner the cars completely stock except for the engine, which is a monster. the cars imaculate in all aspects except for 1 small ding in the hatch and the clutch needs to be replaced. anyhow take a look at the ad and let me know what you guys think. or does anyone know this guy or seen the car he says it was at hot august nights last week.

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/6/0/73597960.htm

Your not the only one.I bought my car from Cyrus from the board.It was a totaly stock 71 240Z with a 01 LS1/T56.The suspention,brakes,trivetrain was totaly stock.He just decided to build another Z with the Supra motor.

It's possable that the guy knows he has the spent another 9 to 12K on the car like brakes,suspention,body and paint,ext to finish it.

You have some pictures of the car?

i'm seriously considering buying this car but it almost looks too good to be ture. it's got a 330hp 3.1ltr. stroker engine yet still has the original 4 speed transmission? to me this doesnt make much sense maybe you could help me figure out why someone would put so much work and money into the engine but not the drivetrain and suspension. according to the owner the cars completely stock except for the engine, which is a monster. the cars imaculate in all aspects except for 1 small ding in the hatch and the clutch needs to be replaced. anyhow take a look at the ad and let me know what you guys think. or does anyone know this guy or seen the car he says it was at hot august nights last week.

Guest 240zgtr

00375746411.jpg

there's only this photo with the ad. he has a few Zs but has gotten rid of a couple already cause his landlords gettin on his case or so he says. i was originally calling him reguarding another car he had for sale but he turned me on to this one.

Guest 240zgtr
If he's not saying that it requires 105 octane gas, then I'm doubting that it has 330 hp.

i was sortta wondering that myself. if it requires 105 would it even idle on 91?

Yeh,I think the guys are right about the HP quote,I am running a stock LS1 with full exaust and have about 340HP.But it's a totaly different motor.I dont think the HP is compareable though.He's probaly feedin ya crap.

00375746411.jpg

there's only this photo with the ad. he has a few Zs but has gotten rid of a couple already cause his landlords gettin on his case or so he says. i was originally calling him reguarding another car he had for sale but he turned me on to this one.

Simple solution; ask him to show you a recent dyno run sheet for this car. If he says he doesnt have one, ask him how in the world he knows how much HP this suposed 3.1 stroker is makeing?!? :? On the other hand.. if it IS a high HP motor, its no wonder the stock clutch is shot.. the 4 speed itself is probly hurt too..

First of all - I'd believe it has 230 HP, not 330 HP. Ask him where the dyno sheet is that will prove it. You'd have to boost even a stroker to get that kind of HP and with the clutch out it's kind of hard to check it out, isn't it? :roll: Looks like he has a very nice $3,500 car with a $7,000 engine. The 4-spd is great for drag racing but going to be a bit noisy on the freeway. I've driven that gearing and we're talking 3,000 rpm at around 70 mph. Since the clutch is gone and the rest of the car is essentially stock, check it over carefully for rest and,if it's clean - ofer him about $6,500 for it. Let's see just how negotiable it is.

Guest 240zgtr

well last night i talked to another guy whos car i have been looking at and he took an offer i couldnt pass up. so i wont be purchasing this one, great deal or not. anyhow if anyone of you wants it the guy says he'll sell it for 6,500 the cars near sacramento. i figure just the body alone in the shape its in should be worth it, but i'm 600 miles away from the guy and need something that runs well. my tempers just too short to drive that distance just to be unsatisfied anyway.