HybridZ

am i crazy to have this as my daily driver now...?

Sleeper-Z

just wondering how crazy i am to daily drive this everyday to my daily commute to college.

early 71' 240z, 10 point cage, no swing outs, no a/c, no radio. rear coilovers, 8 gallon fuel cell, 15x8 with 265 (current) or maybe 275's if i can find some or street slicks, 15x3.5 with 165 radials, 355, vortec head/intake setup with work, 292 cam (hyd. flat tappet), estimated 400rwhp, solid motor and rear end mounts, 3-speed auto, 3.54 gears, and dual 3" exhaust with x-box and glass packs.

this isn't a future build, but this is my current build. btw, i'm only 17 about to turn 18 and i haven't bought anything expensive for myself for the past year+, every dime i earn pretty much goes in my Z. did all the work myself except for the motor cradle, cage, and fuel cell (came with the z-shell). btw, i use to scca and hot lap in my FC before i sold it and started this project, so i would think i'm a fairly good driver for this type of setup.

thanks,

steven m.

Guest Chris240turbo

No A/C in H-town and you'll likely melt any knowledge you found at school on the trip home! :wink:

I drove a no A/C Z for 3 full years here, and I'm fairly sure it did permanent damage.

Guest bastaad525
i dont have a/c chris :D

mike

yeah but your sanity is something that has been drawn into question many times(j/k)

ROFLMAO yeah I second that!

I don't have AC in mine either, nor have I for the last two years in the inland empire. My plan is to to buy one of those cooler thingy's you put around your neck that they sell at the sharper image, I hear they work pretty good and cool your whole body. Besides my window tint is too dark to keep rolled up.

been living in houston my whole life so i know what the heat is like (killer). when it comes to those days that i just can't drive (or can't show up to work/destination sweaty), that's what the friends with the sedans are for!

the zx is my moms, and the a/c on that one is getting over-hauled.

i guess it'll be mostly a fall, winter, early-spring sort of car. and of course the every now and then :twisted: cruise-in to the strip and to the domestic meets.

thanks,

steven m.

what do you guys suggest for theft deterrence? hidden switches and what not? i don't want alarms or anything because i'm an anti-electronics sort of guy when it comes to my Z. infact that was my #1 goal when building her.

ps. ditching the vortecs and getting some dart iron eagles or something nice.

pss. i also have former experience of no a/c in the summer when i had my rx-7, no emissions and i couldn't get her to idle with the a/c on so i never touched the switch.

I think it would depend on how stiff your car is too. A cage, stiff springs, solid mounted engine and rear, subframes? can get pretty tiring on bumpy city streets.

I'm putting AC in after telling mylself for 5 years that I wouldn't need it...however those Sharper Image things pretty interesting. I would look pretty stupid wearing it in the car, but for $30, who cares!

Do a search for anti-theft posts here. Although no one in their right mind would tell you how they wired in their secret switches. Think about it, one post here, one there, and pretty soon it's all over the internet on "how to make your car secure" sites. If you don't want an alarm system, get a removable steering wheel. Also pull some fuses and maybe the coil when you leave the car and carry them with you.

Owen