HybridZ

I Must Be Getting Old And Cranky!!!!!!!!

COZY Z COLE

Is it just that, or is the spelling lately going down hill on our posts??? There's no need I know of to do a quick post to something without using the preview button and check for spelling!! I guess everyone has their buttons that can be pushed and that is one of mine. I'm not perfect in that matter either but come on....... or maybe I should make sure my will is correct!!!!! :eek2:

LARRY

gramar and math, neither of these things were my strongpoints in highschool. I'm to artistic and creative(or atleast thats what the teachers told me). I try but i suck. So out of respect for others, i refuse to point out any spelling grammar errors (pot calling kettle black)

For the most part, Im just on late at night and don't realise my spelling errors, otherwise Im just plain stupid :bonk: . But, from what I've noticed the spelling here is kept within reason not like some other forums I visit. But I've noticed the small change too, does'nt bother me any, but for some reason, when I post on this forum, I use better spelling and grammar on this site than others, don't know why maybe its because its so much better :wink: .

i g0+ @ big ph@+ d ph0r 3Ng1i$h, +h@+z @ ph@i1. i'v3 @1//@yz b33N p00r @+ 3Ng1i$h. i d0 +ry +0 $P311 c0rr3c+1y @Nd u$3 pr0P3r gr@Mm@r bu+ ph@i1 h3h.

Ok now for the proper way heh

I got a big fat D for english, thats a fail. I've always been poor at english. I do try to spell correctly and use proper grammar but fail heh.

At least we don't have people that type the way they do on 2 way pagers and text messaging like what is seen on other message boards. You know, people using single letters for a full word... I really hate that! How do these people write papers and what not? The world is going mental :roll: . Everyone is in a hurry to type fast, but why?

I type the way I talk, well for the most part I do. I think that everyone should at least try to do the same. If you don't know how to spell something, then look it up :wink: . I have 2 Webster's dictionary's that I use at least 2 -3 times a week. For some reason, if I can't find a word in one dictionary, it will be in the other. It's pretty messed up, because they are both relatively new.

All I say is, try to type the way you were taught back in grade school. Give it your best shot. There has been more than a dozen posts from newbies in the past that I simply passed up, because I couldn't stand reading the question.

!M!

At least we don't have people that type the way they do on 2 way pagers and text messaging like what is seen on other message boards. You know, people using single letters for a full word... I have 2 Webster's dictionary's that I use at least 2 -3 times a week.

Okay, I can't resist. My writer's guide says that it's proper to use numerals instead of spelling out the number only when it gets up to triple digits. Instead of "2-3", it's proper to write "two to three".

Don't you hate it when someone corrects your post on being correct? :D

Oh, my favorite common mistake is when someone asks about adjusting their breaks. How many times have they looked at repair manuals, internet posts, brake pad boxes and printed advertisements, and they haven't noticed that they're not spelling it correctly?

Morans.

I want to point out that if you look at a lot of the other popular car forums online, most of them are filled with unreadable garbage. This site still stands out from the rest - let's keep it that way.

A typo or two, a grammar mistake, a misspelling here and there, (a run on sentence :)) - I don't think that's going to make a post unreadable. On the other hand, leaving out ALL punctuation, capitalization, grammar, and spelling half your words wrong is ridiculous. To people who say, "Oh I just didn't want to go to the trouble" - well, don't expect me to go to the trouble to reply to your mess.

I agree with Forrest. HybridZ has always been about quality tech, not some bLiNg idiot whacking off over his dubs. We need to maintain that level of excellence. If we piss off a few dumbasses along the way, who cares.

John

At least we don't have people that type the way they do on 2 way pagers and text messaging like what is seen on other message boards. You know' date=' people using single letters for a full word... I have 2 Webster's dictionary's that I use at least 2 -3 times a week. [/quote']

Okay, I can't resist. My writer's guide says that it's proper to use numerals instead of spelling out the number only when it gets up to triple digits. Instead of "2-3", it's proper to write "two to three".

Don't you hate it when someone corrects your post on being correct? :D

Oops :oops::lol:

So, ah... what's a "moran"? :D Just goofing around :wink:

For those that are from a different country, you do have a little more room for error.

!M!

Me fail Inglish? Thats unposible! :lol: Yah, I get bothered by this stuf sometimes.. but what really gets me is the lack of punctuation. Are you asking a question! Or making a statement. I'll have to take a pic of this piblic washroom here.. the grafiti (sp??) on the side says "NO QWERS" (directed at the gay comunity.. obviously by homophobic drop outs! :lol: ) I have to say though, this board is one of the best I have run across on the net.. very few "garbage" postings, and quite mature people.. I am with Mat73GNZ too; I type the way I talk.. or at least try to!