HybridZ

Dumb Bunny

Dan Juday

Out for a little drive tonight and on a very lightly traveled delta road a stupid jack rabbit decided at that very moment to commit suicide on my airdam. Grrrrrr! :fmad: First crack.

And I'm so careful around curbs and such. Oh well, had to happen sooner or later. At least it's a small one.

Dan, that sucks!

That's the reason I have a urethane one. Not as unique or sexy, but damned durable! Plus, I know I'd pull up too close to a sidewalk or curb when parking and bust a fiberglass one!

Will it be difficult to fix and have the paint matched?

Best of luck,

Urethane would be nice but you can't really blend it into the flares like fiberglass. Should be an easy fix. It's going back to the painter soon anyways. Couple of blems have popped up here and there. He's taking care of them under the warrenty. I'll just have him fix the crack at the same time.

I almost had my first crack last night. My buddy saw it before me, but all he could do was piont and yell at the top of his lungs "AAAHHHGGGGGG!!!!!!! :shock: "

:lol: pretty funny after the fact... as luck would have it, I was able to react in time to the piece of garbage in the middle of the road, and get around it. But I know something is gona happen soon.. :( just the price we pay for DRIVING these cars.. :lol:

BTW' date=' beautiful photo of the engine bay and engine. Very clean. Can't say I've seen even one photo of your Z that I didn't oogle over.[/quote']

Wow! That's like Rembrandt saying, "I like your painting". Thanks, Terry. (swelling with pride)

BTW, I'm still ROTFL over your "First crack" crack. :D

Dam death wish wabbits...... Sorry to hear about your encounter with the WABBIT!!! Had a like experience years ago coming home late at night going down a back road. When all of a sudden, out of the corner of my eye I think I see something in motion at the side of the road. Next thing I know is B O O M....sounded like a shotgun going off and I see parts of my fiberglass BRE spoiler flying in the air!!! I pull over to assess the front end of the Z.........sure enough, half the spoiler is missing, no other real damage, and some residual WABBIT hair. Another hairy situation!!!

thats why i run rattle paint!! "oh dude you got a chip in your air dam"

"wow really... cool let me go get the spray paint"

ive had that convo many times before.

but sorry to hear about your killing... add one to the kill list!

___Kill List___

1. C5 Vette

2. Honda Civic

3. Porsche Boxter S

4. Rabbit (not the VW kind)

5. Camaro Z28

:D

Mike

I feel for you Dan....I waited months for my new $650 J-Blood front spoiler for my Corolla GT-S (it came from Japan). Once I got it, I spent 10hours hand making mounts and trimming it to fit my car, then had a good friend paint it meticulously....man it looked MINT

A week (one DAMN week) later car accidently comes rolls off the blocks of wood I had under the front tires and the spoiler gets hung up my trolley jack, damaging the bottom of it and messing up my sweet one week old paint....I am still miffed (understatement!!).... :cry:

Here is the spoiler:

63563806.jpg

63563825.jpg

Yasin

Well, it's all fun until somebody gets a eye, er, spoiler poked out...

Probably the bunny was only used to getting out of the way of cars going near the speed limit...

Or he was so amazed at the beauty of your rig, he just couldn't take his eyes off of it...

Or he was thinking "How dare that guy put a v8 into a classic old Z, why if I had one I'd restore it to " ...splat...

What was the last thing that went through his mind? A Datsun.

You dare make fun of Yellow??? How -blue- of you! Why, if I had a shortblock, I'd, I'd.....

We need to get somebody with a primary red Z and take some pictures. Or even better, the whole spectrum - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Violet. I'm sure somebody has a violet car somewhere in central California. Hey, maybe we could get on the cover of a magazine! Oh, but *you've* already done that. Hmph.