HybridZ

New pic of engine bay

Ivan280zt

I really dont feel like doing this because it just takes too damn long :D but here are some new pictures of engine bay. Info first. Around October last year i blew the headgasket and since i just moved from Alabama i was broke so the car had to sit for while this is where "while i am at it" stage really kicked me in the a$$. Since my bottom end was still from 77z i decided to replace it with turbo bottom end that i already had. Long story short motor came out, all the wiring, fuel lines, brake lines, engine bay got preped and painted (pic. dont do it much justice), instaled t-5 with pro 5.0 shifter, sectioned strut housing, and finally got the lsd from 89 300zx. All this was done over period over six seven months (some from waiting for parts some just from being too damn cold in the garage). Ok here are the pictures and alot of them :D .

Before:

439204_42_full.jpg

In few pieces 8) :

439204_22_full.jpg

439204_21_full.jpg

439204_31_full.jpg

Thagards intake manifold. Cant say much about it except with that on and i/c added car leaned out so much that buy the time i reached 5psi plugs were glowing white so fuel pressure had to go up about 6-7psi :wink: .

439204_32_full.jpg

2.5inch i/c piping with turbo xs bov (still need to get that coated/painted).

439204_33_full.jpg

439204_34_full.jpg

439204_41_full.jpg

439204_24_full.jpg

439204_27_full.jpg

Yes the tach is sideways but when i am sitting back thats the only way i can see allmighty 6k redline :roll: .

439204_28_full.jpg

Boost gauge and water temp are outside so i can always see it nice and clear.

439204_30_full.jpg

Pro 5.0 shifter and hacked out console i still have to get a shift boot and block that damn hoole out :oops: .

How scary is 6.2" 260lbs guy when he is working on his z?

439204_26_full.jpg

Apparentlly very scary 8) .

Ivan

Guest bastaad525

Okay I'm gonna ask again, how do you guys get away with running the gauges OUTSIDE of the cabin, and why do this??? I know I'd seen it on a lot of old school cars in Japan, and then suddenly lots of guys over here doing it.... forgive me but I just don't get it.

Anyways, really how do you get away with it? I'm just assuming that with the gauges on the cowl like that you're never going to drive the car in the rain or what?

akeizm

Yes its crooked :D thats the only way i can see it.

J. Soileau 74260zt

You are right about cable but since i dont have welder i had to rig something up so the car could get to the shop and belive it or not it actually worked ok.

frank280zx

Filter is there because i dont feel like making the intake that goes forward and then nose dives 90deg. down.

bastaad525

Dude that has to be the shortes post i have ever seen from you :D . I am running the gauges outside because at the time that i got them i did not feel like taking the dash off to put them in and my factory gauges all work including the clock 8) and i just love how they are there right in front off me so i always have a nice and clean look at them. As far as water goes never had a problem i wash the car about twice a week i have driven it in the storm and never had problem with them.

wigenOut-S30

Does this mean you will finally leave me alone Gabe :twisted: . I am going to the Import wars at Rt.66 next weekend and if i get to play with wideband by then i might just go and run it.

Ivan

Yeah Ivan, nice job on the intercooler but the throttle cable is scary looking. Do you have urethane engine mounts or something? I know the engine twists a little when under load and it would seem that your throttle would be greatly affected? :?:?

Brian

81zxturbo

95slobaru