HybridZ

Best way to lower a 77

If you want to lower your car 2" without coilovers/non stock struts, and don't want to lose all that suspension travel, I suggest getting camber plates for the front that replace the strut isolators, and use the front isolators in the rear. Then buy springs in the rates you want that will lower the car an inch.

I know the rear isolators on a 280z are taller than the 240z isolators. I am not sure about the front though... You could gain an inch or so in the rear by swapping the 240z isolators in. Again, I cannot remember if the front are taller too..

I know the rear isolators on a 280z are taller than the 240z isolators. I am not sure about the front though... You could gain an inch or so in the rear by swapping the 240z isolators in. Again, I cannot remember if the front are taller too..

All front isolators are short ones, rear on 280`s are 1" - 1.5"`s taller.

You could make a plate or install camber plates (frt) to replace the front isolators. Then as stated, move the front isolators to the rear.

A set of good lowering springs is easy enough to do.

Do the mount mods and lowering springs and get around 2 to 3" drop.