HybridZ

auxilary

You know, I think the only thing truly wrong looking is the windshield. Other than that it's just a stretch Bluebird. It's workable. Needs chrome bumpers, though.

I guess I have a soft spot for the 1600/2000. Its how I ended up getting a Z. I heard stories growing up about my mom's 2000. -Yeah, my mom owned a Bob Sharp race prepped Datsun 2000... there was no hope for me! She used to tell me stories about dusting musclecars in Chicago in '70/71. She says she always pulled away on the top-end (what other car had a close ratio 5 speed in 1970?). Things like that don't happen anymore. You just don't see road racing cars going "back to the streets". I've read a similar story about one of the BRE 510's.

Someday I'll buy one to fix up for her. I'll have to scan some pics. I still have the BSR "Racing Modifications" manual too. I'd Ebay it, but it has too much sentimental value.

-Wow, holy thread hijack, sorry Aux!

Guest bastaad525

except for the tail lights, I hardly see how that qualifies as anything close to a Datsun roadster replica. On it's own merits it's an interesting looking car, as an imitation I hate it.