HybridZ

Whats your cars theme?

sulla

My theme is always changing. Right now the theme is Crayola Crayons. It has so many different colored panels that all I need to do is put it in a box.

Lucky for me the the main color that is missing is the Rust color.

I'm thinking of adding Green and orange and changing the theme to a Color Wheel.

Hehe, at a car show I saw a wagon or something that had several of those Bazooka bass tubes arranged vertically and placed in a "box". Each was painted a different color to look like crayons. It was certainly a unique and interesting thing.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My car's theme also keeps changing. Originally it was, "garage queen with lots of potential, soon to get back on the road". Now the theme is, "garage queen with ambiguous potential, trying to get on the road sometime before the 22nd century".

I've been thinking of an updated look, with a slight nod towards old school. I like the black hood of the 432 fairladys, along with the bolt on ZG flares and fender mount mirrors, but mine will probably be made from carbon fiber (except for the mirrors, they're hard enough to find in the original plastic material) The exterior will be a rolling display of carbon fiber and Chevy Orange paint, riding on tires that just *barely* fit under the car. Absolutely no chrome or simulated carbon fiber, everything will be either clearcoated/polished in it's natural form, or painted Chevy orange.

So far though, the predominant theme is rust and primer, along with lots of stubborn upholstry adhesive. It'll be a long time before I'm anywhere near finished with this :)

Mike

My theme (when my car achieves its future) is modernized drifting supercar style. Lots of power, low ride height, stiff suspesion, and a whole lot of power. Plus a whole much of other modern undates like a custom widebody kit.

In a nut shell mean-modern-and oolahlah pretty

look good and kick butt while doing it.

My theme is "Understated" with a hint of "Oh my god what was that green flash that just went by???""

So to achieve that affect:

- lowered enough to only get 1 finger between the wheel lip and rubber, 15" wheels, 215-50 x15 tires with the rubber out to fender lips.

- full air dam in front, 3 pc spoiler in the rear. bumpers painted to match car.

- headers, 2-1/2" diameter exhaust out to a free flow exhaust, not too loud but noticable when the power is put down.

-cammed for mid range, fuel injected, using Megasquirt for fuel control. Free flow air intake to get a bit of howl from the intake. electronic igntion

- full race seats so you can sit real low in the car.

http://www.execulink.com/~jkube/Jeffs240z/240.jpg

jeff

V12Z04.jpg

Theme...that's a good idea.

Externally I choose the date the car was built and used components from that era or look like they are from that time to customize the car.

The inside of the car is best left stock imo with the latest electronics in the old style. Stuart Warner or VDO.

Under the hood...anything goes!

I tried the "form follows function" theme. This very personal approach is why I shied away from the current generation of aftermarket body parts as most are designed with contemporary views of what's aesthetically "hot", leaving function as a coincidental side effect (if at all). This, and the struggle to maintain some sort of moderation as I would brainstorm through various ideas, testing each idea with how it's function would add to the car's performance, yet still maintain some semblance of "Z" when all was said and done (obviously moderation went to hell in a handbasket on the rear end)

• 5 weeks later...

I came up with this theme befor even starting my restoration. Some people see it but not everyone knows that its a shark, and not just any shark ZJAWZ is my personalized plate. Things to note; blacked out headlight buckets for "shark eyes", teeth in grill, gills behind front wheels, nostrils in hood scoop. I wanted to post this a long time ago but had problems with posting pics.10031X-Mas_2004_138-med.jpg

10031X-Mas_2004_136-med.jpg

I came up with this theme befor even starting my restoration. Some people see it but not everyone knows that its a shark, and not just any shark ZJAWZ is my personalized plate. Things to note; blacked out headlight buckets for "shark eyes", teeth in grill, gills behind front wheels, nostrils in hood scoop. I wanted to post this a long time ago but had problems with posting pics

Hey, I met you at the JGTC. I could tell you were going for a beastial theme, though I didn't realize it was a shark. I see it now that you've pointed it out though. Hehe, put a big ol' dorsal fin on the roof to complete the shark look! Or one of those BMW roof antennas could work too.

sleeper...external changes subtle and "coulda been stock", color "coulda been stock"...although Zs look great in almost any color...especially bright...I like sleeper coulda been stock don't bother the nice policeman

sleeper means anything goes under skin..more is better...too much is almost enough... but retain good handling/brakes so it is fun and safe to drive in spite of lots more power than needed.

My first Hybrid always amazed everyone who found out it was no stocker, that was an amusing reaction everytime. Even the interior was stealth "coulda been stock"

John

I got to agree with you Sulla. I'm going with the Cobra look on mine, only with a few twists. Starting from the front...Chrome nurf bars for a bumper, kinda cobra style. 65 mustang parking lights. Late model Ford truck black eggcrate grill. Custom built air dam. Inside is a 5.0 stang engine painted chevy orange, carberated of course. Wheels are the old 14" hurricane style, with the biggest meats I can get. I have flairs all around. Tail lights are 6 maltese motercycle tail lights. 65 mustang backup lights. Again, nurf bars for the bumper. Paint is electric blue with white Cobra stripes. Exhaust is home fabricated sidepipes. Inside is Prelude seats. B&M rachet shifter hooked to a C4. 75 R200 rear. Autometer gauges. Kick @ss sound system. Oh, add power windows and A/C. I've got the chrome Cobra emblems on the side of the fenders along with a chrome Z. The hood scoop is a fabracated cowl induction. using a 84 300zx hood center. Oh yes, a pair of original old stock black Ray??? racing mirrors. I got them off ebay for 1.99 still in the box! The wife is air brushing a murial of a Cobra ready to strike on the underside of the hood, along with one on the back of the car. Now that gentlemen, is my CobraZ.

I'm going for the too cool to be real look. Ya know the ones from wangan midnight in the lambo's.. pull in and park and never get out..no one knows really who they are.. they have heard rummors of this car.. no one knows exactly what it is or what its "got" They are not sure how fast it is, they like to see it go, but not quite willing to risk racing it.

Seems to be working to.

I don't really "do" the hanging out with the street racer crowds in the parking lots at 1am on a sat night. Though sometimes I do prowl through, just to let them know that this car is "out there" hehehe

I've heard all kinds of rummors about this car from friends of friends..then I realized they were talking about MY car. hehehe

Its pretty funny how serious some people take that stuff...

Guest JAMIE T

432R

ZG flares, airdam, 432 rear spoiler, fender mirrors. Sorta resto mod, jdm style. Modern paint, drivetrain, wheels, etc... Think...

Wangon Midnight