HybridZ

300zx supra engine swap?

Guest joshsworld23

Guest joshsworld23

has anybody done this? can it be done? id love to possibly drop a single turbo engine in a spare car i have!!! does anyone possibly have a write up as well to do this?

• 3 months later...

At the same time though less powerful, and not as good of a motor, not saying that the Vg30 isnt a good motor, but you cant beat that inliner. Its like the before nissan f'ed up and went to the V motor.

Shame Nissan didnt keep the inliner like Toyota did.

At the same time though less powerful' date=' and not as good of a motor, not saying that the Vg30 isnt a good motor, but you cant beat that inliner. Its like the before nissan f'ed up and went to the V motor.

Shame Nissan didnt keep the inliner like Toyota did.[/quote']

The only advantage the JZ has over the VG is stronger internals, so unless your going for 1000WHP then the VG will do just fine.

Well the stock MA-70 7MGTE motor puts oout more then that at 232 hp and 253 ftlbs of torque and its availablity is high. Like I said Im not getting into a fighting match about which is or isnt better, as I love the Z design and motor, its just that when they went to the V design they started to lose the race.

Then again Toyota always waited everyone out as well to see what was out there then put out something a bit better and more powerful.

• 4 months later...
Guest amgvr4

There are tons of RBs in jdm z31s as the 200zr came from the factory with an rb20det. Not only rbs but also vg30det and vg30de were stock in the 300zr. An rb25det could be a better nissan alterative if you have to have a I6. The 7mgte will be less money to buy initially but cost more to get in the car and running.

He's talking about a Z32. I don't know why you would even consider a 7M for that. As far as 27 more hp. Big deal. It was intercooled with a higher CR. Mod for mod they would both make the same. The VG has a shorter stroke that I would prefer.

A VH45 or VK45 with turbo would be the only Nissan motor I would swap into a Z32. No point is swapping if you aren't gaining displacemant on a heavy car.