HybridZ

Who rides motorcycles? Post pics and info here!

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Here's my '76 Kawasaki KZ900

1075cc big bore kit

welded crank

undercut tranny

3" extended swingarm

5º rake

lowered 4"

34mm CV carbs

custom LED taillight

custom twin headlights

kz.jpg

kz002.jpg

kz007.jpg

kz_timeslip.jpg

^I clutched in and coasted through the last part of the 1/4 mile run because I ran out of RPM. The bike is geared for 125mph top speed. It would probably run a low 10 @ 130 with better gearing.

It's down for the Winter and is coming back with a 1393cc engine and nitrous. It should be upwards of 200hp on spray.

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

Here's my wife's bike that we sold 2 weeks ago:

katana_now.jpg

It's a '96 Katana 600.

D&D 4-into-1 exhaust w/ race baffle

5 degree DIY ignition advance

DIY jet kit

89.4whp

11.5 @ 117mph

We got rid of it because it was ugly as hell. :lol:

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

...and we replaced it with a '93 GSXR 750:

gsxr750.jpg

'95 motor

polished frame

Supertrapp Superlight Stainless Steel full exhaust (not pictured)

Facory Pro jet kit

DIY 5º ignition advance

Soon to have:

'03 GSXR tailsection/subframe

new paint (either titanium grey metalflake or candy blue metalflake)

polished swingarm, rearsets, wheels, triple trees, etc... everything visible

40hp nitrous oxide kit

Don't have a pic of it here at work, but I've got a 98 ZX9R that is a flyweight... weighs less than 395# dry and i've weighed it with a full tank of gas at 419# with all fluids and ready to roll... Bike turned 132HP at the wheel on the dyno... I have a complete spare set of plastics, tank and wheels/ slicks for track days.

I used to have a 95 GSXR750... nice ride!

Get that gal some leathers! I won't let my wife ride without them!

Mike

I don't have any pics of my bike, but I do have a stock picture.

bike.jpg

It's a kinda wimpy 82 Kawasaki 305 CSR. I got it free from a friend after he damaged my new guitar. It's a fun bike, though.

I was never really a motorcycle fan until I got one last summer. Then I got the bug, got a liscence, and got to ride a couple of nice bikes. I rode my buddy's Vmax to the Anamosa hill climbs and had a great time, 100+ on the empty four lane in the middle of the afternoon. If there is one thing I love about living in Iowa, it is the ample supply of nearly empty, beatiful four lane blacktop for your summer driving pleasure.

Naturally the 305 is a little slow, I'm already craving something faster for my second summer with a liscence, but I'll just have to wait until I scrape up some more money.

Well I don't know how it is on the left coast, but out here it is impossible to find gear for petite women, and Magnum's wife looks petite like my wife... Took us 10 months to put together a full set of leathers for her... With the help of Dennis Kirk, Ebay, and another blow out outlet http://www.newenough.com, I was able to find her some really nice leathers, new, on closeout... same with her boots... Got her some SIDI Vertibra2s (Better than my AGV race boots) for $99 on clearance!

I got to ride this past Saturday for 2 hours and I covered 135miles, had a blast, but was fully suited and fully armored... I never and I mean NEVER leave home without my leathers, back protector, hard armor, the whole shootin' match... One bad fall on asphault (On a bicycle!) doing 20mph taught me I never want to do that at 80 on a motorcycle!

Cheers!

Mike

Guest Magnum Rockwilder

She has full Joe Rocket gear with Ballistic Armor (see her jacket?). She also wears Army boots and armored gloves, and a Snell helmet. The gear was pretty easy to find. It was all on the clearance rack at a local bike shop because it was too small for anyone else.

That pic was taken before she went to work <1 mile from home on a Sunday afternoon when there was no traffic. They make her wear jeans and white sneakers, so she just wears the jacket, helmet, and gloves on the way to and from work. She knows the risks and is free to do whatever she feels comfortable with.

BADDRIVER---Chop it! Check out ChopperUnderground.com and get inspired! You can turn that thing into a wicked little chop in a couple weekends!

I'm making a Jap chopper right now. I took my '86 Yamaha XV700SS that I rode stock for years, and stripped off everything that unbolts, and now I'm down to a little fabrication before its on the road. It should be fun.

I'm going for the old school bobber look with white wall tires and red wheels.

I had a 93 DR350 with a smaller front sprocket, desert tank and a couple little added things like stiffer springs and better rear shock. Ended up spiking myself like a football in a set of whoop-de-dos and breaking my collarbone in two places and collapsing a lung. This was about 2 weeks after my friend broke his thumb in 3 places after getting in a head on collision on his 95 CR500. That was the end for me, sold the bike and have been relatively accident free, except if you count that little mountain bike vs tree incident... :(