HybridZ

ZX body/style picture request

260ZRED

Can you guys share some pics or maybe just ideas of what you think is the meanest looking ZX out there? Wild body kits, wierd bumpers, stock or lifted a bit, just MEAN and beautiful at the same time. Know what I mean? Looking for just ZXs.. the wierder and the meaner, the better :)

I'm just trying to get a couple ideas, anything and everything will help.

I'll start off with an awesome black ZX that was on zparts website. I love that car!!! I think it belongs to a member on this board. It looks refined and mean at the same time.

thanks in advance for any pics or ideas.

http://www.freewebs.com/karma_poleez/mini-untitled.bmp

one of the best 280zx's i've ever seen. 3.0 twin turbo. 600hp, top speed over 180mph. i have full specs and info and all the pics from overboost that you have to pay for if anyone wants to see them

380821_48_full.jpg

jim cook racing's 280zx. i wanted to make my 280zx look like this one

large.gif

jdm s130, i want these bumper covers

380821_37_full.jpg

alex

• Like 1

It isn't a picture, but this is my dream of how I want my '79 to look when it's finished. mjp g-nose, reaction research chop top, and my "stinger" hood scoop. I also want side pipes but I just cant seem to draw them correctly. Have you guys seen that lifted Z? I think it's a first gen but its definately something to see.

100_5781a.jpg

Those Jap. ZXs are sweet. Are those the stock mirrors we have here but mounted on the fenders? They look pretty close if not same to the stock USA spec.

I hope to have a ZX to mess with in a couple weeks.... I want it to scare the pure S30's... and little kids ;)

But it has to be 100% functional. Simple can be beautiful.. but I want it to be more mean than beautiful!

thanks for all the replies, please keep 'em comeing!

Here's a post I devoted a few months ago to the s130 -- http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=94004

Another post with some 280zx pics: http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=93720

If I recall correctly, I believe this guy is/was a member on this forum:

zeeboost-black_280zx.jpg

But, I suppose if you're looking for the 'baddest' zx, this one is packing a 454 with huge slicks and a wheelie bar:

zeeboost-280zx_454.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
i love this guys Z

i want everything black too and when i saw this made me want all black even more...

P0001585.jpg

Does anyone here have more information on this 280ZX? Or more pics?

And are those flares on that golden one sold somewhere, or are they one of a kind?

My ZX job is in progress, should be finished in a few months, its going to be a road registered competition car.

The ideas I'm applying are quite straight forward, nothing add on is required except a suitable front spoiler. Lower it, sounds simple but no ZX that I've seen appears to have been really lowered. And, wide 17" wheels flush with the guards, only the lips of which will be rolled.

Thats it.

• 7 months later...
i love this guys Z

i want everything black too and when i saw this made me want all black even more...

P0001585.jpg

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I have seen that guys car before. As you may be able to tell by the liscence plate, that guy lives in Manitoba too. Pictures do not do that car justice.

choppedzxresizedcopyuq8.jpg

this is a photoshop of what i intend to do to my ZX. Nothing incredible, but i like the look. I'd like to shave the top of the bumper to open up a space below the hood, remove the lower grille, and shorten the front bumper. I'd also add a subtle lip, and front mount intercooler peering out, but you'll have to use your imagination for that.

Its also lowere about 3", and thats how i will paint my rims.