HybridZ

Cool new gauges from Autometer

Tim240z

Damn. The originals weren't exactly cheap to begin with.

I have no idea WTF I would do with a remote control for my dash gauges. I do like the gauges though. Having the whole gauge turn color when you hit a shift point or lose oil pressure would be pretty useful.

mos def bling bling

Yeah, that's what I thought....having the oil pressure gauge go red at 8psi, or water temp at 240 degrees etc would be way cool....kinda like having the idiot light intergrated with the gauges.....

Yeah, that's what I thought....having the oil pressure gauge go red at 8psi, or water temp at 240 degrees etc would be way cool....kinda like having the idiot light intergrated with the gauges.....

Autometer makes an alert system for their current short sweep electric gauges. Called Tri-Alert. You can hook up LED lights and maybe a beeper to three gauges to let you know if something is wrong.

Bling bling or not those guages are friggin awesome! If I didnt already have a nice set of Autometers in my car I would deffinetly think about how to come up with the money for those babies! Although those would cost twice as much as I paid for my set of gauges, but they look like they might be worth it!

Guy

They are super sweet. The only thing I dont like..and it is a really big don't like is the ginormus AUTOMETER billboard that is on each guage. I bought them..i don't need to be reminded everytime i look at one to remember who made them. Similar to cellphones that have their name across the screen at all times....BS...

Those are awesome gauges! I think the lightening is the best. Not the colors available, although nice, but how the lighting is done. It looks a lot more like a modern car gauge than an old truck gauge. A few months ago someone posted another brand that looked very similar, but I can't remember what they were.

Does anyone know of any other gauges with better lightening? I would like something that has an illuminated needle and just the numbers/dashes lite, not edge lighting. It seems that most manufacturers don't show night pictures of their gauges... I have looked at Stewart and Autometer.

Finally, I did not see a speedo or tach listed on Summits site. Just the smaller ancillary water temp, oil pressure, etc...

Joshua

Joshua,

Check out Defi Gauges. Like the Autometer Nexus they're a bit pricey... but still MY fav!

http://www.defi-shop.com/product/bf/bf_top.html

The BF units (in the link above) go dark when power is switched off.

But who makes a matching tach and speedo? The Defi-D Gauge is a great looking unit and can be ordered as an in-dash Tachometer, but no speedo.

I don't think there are any in the Nexus or Defi BF range.

I saw a set of those at the autometer booth last weekend at the Keystone show. Pretty cool, even if they are high priced. My favorite part had to be the intigrated warning feature that changes the entire gauge color to warn you rather than just some little idiot light...very cool