HybridZ

arizona brakes with 15in rims ?

Ok before you say it... I have searched but only found 1 post with 1 person saying it fit but that was with another brand of rims..

my question is will the arizona 12.2 brakes work on konig rewind 15x7 rims ?

My 240 has 280zxt rims on it which are 14's and I seriously can't upgrade my brakes unless I get bigger rims, and I just can't afford super large rims right now.

I've searched on this forum and classic z cars but only this site had one person saying it works on 15's but that was on panasports.

will it fit width wise ? and will it fit without needing a spacer ?

This is what Dave said to my identical question!

Not even close' date=' some 15's will work but I reccomend 16 or larger.

Dave[/quote']

If you can find out the inner diameter of the 15" you want and someone else can let you know the minimum outer diameter of the AZ brake set up then you'll know for sure. I ended up with 16" just to be safe and then ended up designing my own brake solution anyway to save a bit of cash ;)

Cheers,

Rob

You guys in Texas have the biggest Z club in the country.Surely someone there has the Arizona setup on their car.Line up a test fit.Its the only SURE way to answer your question....By the way,I have the AZ setup on my car,and am in the middle of test fitting some 15in wheels for slicks(I have 17"street tires) , I'll let you know how it comes out.

I had the earlier 11.5" AZ wilwood setup on my car with 15 inch Eagle/Prime rims. It was close with the smaller dia rotors, and those wheels had spun rims with cast centers. They had a lot of brake clearance for a 15 incher. I have 12.2" rotors now, on a 17" cast OEM Nissan rim.

I really doubt that that size of rotor will fit any 15 inch rim, even some 16 inchers. My current brake setup will fit the Z32 16x7.5 wheel.

Just my opinion

Doug

this is the rims i wanna get temporarily

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TZS&Product_Code=25-1067&Category_Code=WWC19

I would prefer panasport C8-16x10's but those are out of my budget atm!

and since i have not ordered the az brakes yet or the rims i'd hate to order the rims not knowing they will fit or not and there is no person in texas... at least in our group that has az brakes. Plus having the konig rewinds... ugh this is what i hate about brakes and rims...

Guest iskone

I have 15x7 Konig Rewinds, Installed? No.

But the inside diamiter of the Rewinds is just over 14" at the narrowest point and gets larger as it goes toward the edge. The spokes also have a convex shape to help clear a caliper.

Isk

• 1 month later...