HybridZ

I think im gonna piss a few purists with this one..

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Bought a 1987 BMW E30 M3 today :)

all stock except it has some oldschool ASA racing wheels, but i got the stock ones too.

its red with black leather and has just under 100K miles.

interior is a mess, engine doesnt run now but thats no biggie anyways...

car will sport a fully built KA24DE with a nice turbo setup, and nitrous.

a very refined car with a not so refined engine lol.

theres no rust at all on this car, maybe one small little ding in the door but thats it! not one thing major at all, even the air dam isnt cracked.

needs paint but that was on the list anyways as its getting painted BMW steel grey which is being used on my blue Z.

best part is... only paid $400 bucks for it, clean title and all.

ill get pics for ya on monday when i get back to the shop.

mike

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHOLY CRAP!. You are the richest broke kid I have ever known!!! new scion, compleatly overhauld Green monstor in FL overhauling blue Z and now a M3? even at 400 bucks.. I wish I could be broke like you!!. I get buyers remorse on spending 175 on a downpipe!!.. :D you would have had fun at SEZS.. I wanted to run ya in your green monstor

Guest ON3GO

it was 400 bucks.. cant pass up a deal like that. i dont even see reg E30's go for that little. so a M3 model at this price i just couldnt pass up.

also the green Z isnt completely overhauled. it needs TONS of work to be even practical.

interior is beyond a mess and if its outside when it rains it turns into a swiming pool inisde the damn car.

blue car is okay, needs tons of work still.

this M3 is going to take awhile to get near driveable as i dont want to skimp out on anything.

i have a 1984 318i BMW too that i got for free and ill be putting most the M3 stuff in that like the motor, tranny, seats, and etc.

mike

• Administrators
car will sport a fully built KA24DE with a nice turbo setup, and nitrous.

Do it man! I have thought long and hard about putting an LS1/Auto in my 635, talk about a crime :twisted:

I'm no purist, by any means, but molesting that M3 would be a crime!

:twak: Dude, do you own anything that does not have a swapped engine? I bet your weed eater has a 5hp Honda in it :)

ha ha ha

I agree....I'm usually the first person to say 'screw it, swap something else into it", those old M3s are actually pretty damn valuable.

If it were me, I would get it tuned up, cleaned up and pretty and sell it to an inthusiast for a major profit and spend it on what I have.

Tim

Guest ON3GO

tim i thought about that but the money it would take to restore it and make it worth it to sell would cost alot and also alot of time.

i dunno though.

wait till you see the pics... im not saying its a junkbox.. its not at all! its in great shape but it needs alot of work.

mike

Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike... ....

Screw the Bimmer... What about FINISHING the GREEN MOSNTER? Every dime you put into yet ANOTHER project takes you further away from finishing that work of art... And selling it to... Hmmmm..... Never mind, kid... Keep up the good work! Let me know when I can come get it!

Hahahaha!

Mike

Guest ON3GO

lol you guys make me laugh.

the green Z is nice.. it really is.

BUT its nothing and i mean NOTHING compared to most the cars on this site.

its got old stock paint that needs help, interior looks like a bomb went off in it and lets not talk about the electrical nightmare its going to give me.

i have a little fund on the side for the Hulk Z.. buying interior parts for it next.

mike

I agree, those M3s are very valuable and a little time and elbow grease could net you a very good profit which could then be used to finish one of your Zs.

Finish the HULK man, it's almost lengendary on this site just because of all you've been through to get to the point it's at. We all want to see some clips of it running.

BTW: I'll take that M3 or the 318 off your hands if you decide to sell one of them.

Wheelman

I work with mike at the shop. The car can be restored with a newer 6 cylinder M engine and be great to drive. But he has these crazy ideas of swapping in Nissan engines into cars whose original engines could kick ***. I really dn't want to swap in a KA into the E30 myself, but the engine in the E30 right now will be redone and put into our other E30 chasis... an 84 measly 318. Just looking at an engine with ITBs is enough to save it. Please convince Mike NOT to swap in a KA or an SR into the chasis. SAVE THE M3!!!! Oh, and I'm new here, but I do have a nissan. I have my oldschool 200SX which will be revieving the SR20DET in it as soon as I find time to gather some more parts for it. Anyways, yes Mike is the richest Poor kid ever. No one can touch his richness. :rolleyes:

Mike, you’re a young man.

Pay attention to the older (and sometimes wiser) folks.

Get the M3 cleaned up, running and in good condition and sell it.

It will be worth more with original parts and pieces than with some “other†swap done, how ever nice it may turn out.

Thank ahead!

It's only a car, and it is now your car at that. Do what you want with it.

"Cherry" M3's may go for $15K, but the fact you only paid $400 tells me it is far from cherry. Why pay big buck BMW prices for engine parts when you can make it go faster with less money? Sort of the HybridZ motto, isn't it?

If you want to yuppify it you have to worry about little details like missing trim pieces. I say make it go fast and let the yuppies be damned.

If you already have it painted, youre halfway to making a great return on a 400.00 investment. Get it running solid and make some money off that car, and put it into one of your other cars, or keep it.

Guest bastaad525
WHOLY CRAP!. You are the richest broke kid I have ever known!!! new scion, compleatly overhauld Green monstor in FL overhauling blue Z and now a M3? even at 400 bucks.. I wish I could be broke like you!!. I get buyers remorse on spending 175 on a downpipe!!.. :D you would have had fun at SEZS.. I wanted to run ya in your green monstor

who's sellin downpipes for $175? Gettign ready to buy parts to do a 3" mandrel exhaust myself, finally, but last I checked, downpipes were going for like $300 from the few guys who were making them????

mike - I agree with the fellas on this one... forget swapping stuff into that M3, fix it up and sell it... you're not happy with the Hulk? For what you can sell that M3 for you can probably go a long way towards fixing whatever there is about the Hulk you don't like :)