HybridZ

Making a Totaly Tublar Z! ::hang loose sign::

Shush i know you hate me, i saw the 71 240Z kit in jegs, how hard is it to put something like that together? how much welding is needed? How many hours would it take to swap all my **** off my 72 240 over? whn i do this swap I am going to do a full off restoration and repaint ever thing, and get the bay powered coated and stuff, so it will be a spanking new Z... see if i cant find a new dash to replace mine with a small crack.

I'm in the planning stage of building my own complete spaceframe for an early Z. I'm designing the frame on a freeware structural testing program called GRAPE. I want something that will fit very well and will allow me to mount up the custom suspension I've been designing. I think the Jegs kit frames are basically meant for use on drag cars... they take up lots of interior space and probably don't hug the contours of the car very well.

and to do it properly you will need to build it on a jig so all you measurments stay the same while welding, there is nothing worse than a crooked chassis.

and I believe that the jegs chassis, being for drag purposes is set up to use a solid rear end and a standard strut front end, so none of the z stuff will swap over, except the shell of the car, so you would need to redo all interior sheet metal stuff.

Guest 305240

Hey Evil, I've been sorta following your flair build. Any updates? I need to add an inch to my rears and 2 inched to my fronts. I may as well start over. I was hoping to find some VW fenders to cut them out of. Much cheaper buying new fenders from JcWhitney than ordering flairs.

240ZR, My friend is pretty sure he has a way to repair the cracked dashes. I saw his smashed console he repaired and it looked like new. I'll keep you posted on his progress. I have a few cracks in mine that need repairing.