HybridZ

Here are the latest pics of my motor compartment!

1 fast z

The difference is like Night and Day. This car is my daily driver as well. It pulls SO HARD, from like 3500-7200, I am sure it would go higher, I have just never pushed it any harder. For a stock short block in a 77 car, it will break the tires loose at about 4,000 RPM when you punch it at an idle in first gear. It also nocked a FULL SECOND off of my ET. It runs High 13's in the quater. But when my forged pistons get back from Venolia next week, this car will be getting a stroker, by the end of the month. I hope to do about 260 to the ground with this car.

Well, What did I SAY about forged pistons, when we fired up MS, I knew that the cast ones werent gonna last, but with the 3.520" Pistons that will be back from VENOLIA this week or so, I should be able to take it to 7800 or so now, hopefully it will keep up with your red 260, HA HA HA.

You're kidding? You were with me on the course walk? Man, I have so much trouble remembering things... I don't recall seeing your car run, but the day becomes a blur for us instructors. The combination of gas fumes from the 240Zs that haven't fixed their fuel tank vent lines and the sheer number of cars we ride in and drive makes us all a little goofy by the end of the day.

I spent most of my time riding around in basically stock 280ZXs getting slapped by women drivers.

lol@jon! I tried to get in your group, but Iwas a little late. funny you should mention stock 280ZX's, as I have one (2+2 to boot! N/A), well not stock. fastest time I turned was a 68.1, well that was when the clocks were working anyways. and that was pushing some VERY crappy front tires with some very not crappy rears, talk about plowing thru the corners....

but yeah, 1 fst Z's car was doing pretty good up until the motor blew. I think his best was 66.6 or something? only got in 4 runs. I need me an intake like that, lol!

Mack

but yeah, 1 fst Z's car was doing pretty good up until the motor blew. I think his best was 66.6 or something? only got in 4 runs. I need me an intake like that, lol!

Always remember, at an autocross and on most road racing tracks, handling will get you faster laps times. Bryan Lampe's old yellow 1971 240 is making, maybe, 110hp at the rear wheels yet he turned multiple a 58.xxx runs that day.

Yep! It's getting it to the ground, not hazing the tires thorugh second gear that makes for quick times!

Though for spectators it sure is entertaining!

Yeah, John, he was in your group! He was probably hiding in the shadow of one of my legs...

But I thought it was Ian who got sick from the fumes... he sure played it off big to suck sodas from the "blue chest of plenty at Spa Dighera" up on the front straightaway! LOL