HybridZ

Cr*ppy service from Motorsport Auto

No, and actually im getting tired of hearing and seeing people talk down on MSA. Countless threads and rants all over the internet about how MSA does this and that wrong, and how people feel like theyve been bent over without lube, blah blah blah. If you dont like them, dont deal with them.

I walk in and get my parts and the guys are great. I do believe their location and staff is too small for the operation they have going, but complaining about MSA is tired already. :roll:

Does anyone else get cr*ppy service form Motorsport Auto? Just wondering. I hate to badmouth them if I am the only one who gets treated like they are doing me a favor by allowing me to give them my money.

I won't buy anything from them anymore, period.

Is asking about the service complaining? I did not realize that everyone else complains about them. I had not heard the complaints. That is why I was asking whether other people had similar problems. Not all of us can live next door. I am trying to make an informed decision as to whether I need to take my dollars elsewhere. Also, I need to decide how to respond when asked about MSA. The answer could be, I have had problems, but everyone else says they are wonderful. According to you, the answer should be, everyone complains about them and their staff is too small for the size of their operation. Just trying to make an informed decision.

I think even these few responces are quite telling.

Sometimes you get lucky and get a nice person who is trying their best to serve you. Other times you get a grumpy jerk that dosen't care less.

My experiance has gone both ways.

I have been dealing with MSA for about 10 years now and have never had a service problem. They've always shipped exactly what I've ordered and it delivered in a reasonable time. Products I've gotten from them include their S30 Aero II grond effects kit, the window mount Sentra mirror kit, a "turbo" muffler, a complete rubber seal kit, a complete set of urethane bushings for suspension and steering rack, the Nissan european spec springs, a ZX master cylinder, a console cover with double cup holders (got to have cup holders, don't you know!), the outer lower window seals for the door, and probably other things that I can't think of so far.

Every time I've callled they've been courteous and knowledgable. If I'm the "exception" then I certainly will be glad to reamin so.

I try to buy my stuff else where because of past issues. Yes they bent me over and since I'm on the other coast, there was nothing I could do. I'm sorry if that pisses any one off but that has been my experience. Having said that, the last time I ordered from them, the staff was very helpful and knew there stuff. Even called me back and told me I needed another part to complete the job I was doing and added it to my order. ( only a few bucks ). I think they offer parts many others don't carry and I would like to have consistant service like I had during my last purchase but I know from MY past experience it is hit or miss.

Mark

Actually ive had good and bad experiences with them depending on I talked to on the phone. It just killed me though when they told me the 4pistons werent toyota brakes, but toyota pads are a direct replacement for the ones in their kit. Overall wouldnt go back to them, that 4 piston thing was insulting.

I have spent several thousands of dollars with MSA over the past 10 years.

I was just wondering whether people had similar experiences. Sometimes I receive someone that is genuinely interested in selling me parts but most of the time, I receive one of many people who are rude and gripe about the lack of staff and the overabundance of customers. Neither of these are my problem.

On a positive note, I did receive a call from a manager who apologized for the poor attitude shown by several of the sales people. Now if they could just do something to correct the problem rather than just apologizing for it, we would be making progress.

I dropped several thousand with them when I lived in LA 12 years ago. They were most definitely top notch back then. Haven't really dealt with them since I moved to the east coast. They were also a good source of used parts. Hate to hear of so many people having such troubles with them. They have an incredible parts selection. I like to see the Z community thrive.

I once emailed them and asked why their 4x4 brakes were so expensive. Never heard back on that one.

I have been trying to get a catalog to order parts from them for months now!! called them several times, emailed them twice. I had $2500 burning a hole in my pocket and I finally got tired of waiting and spent it at victoria british. Note: I'm still waiting on that damn catalog!!!

i havent bought parts from them for years.they did overnight a drive shaft for me though-i had a open track day in 2 days and bought a driveshaft with replaceable joints.i have a local nissan dealer with a good parts manager that knows z's and gives me less 20%.so i dont deal with msa.if you mail order or phone order parts always ask them to check stock 1st.that way you can decide if you want it back ordered or not.most places will back order and not tell you till you call them back to complain about an incomplete order.i dont get a catalog from them but my car is not for bling.i dont have cupholders or a stereo.i am to busy driving.

Hey Lou:

Your opinions are valued on this Hybrid site as are all who have valid issues with vendors products, sales, service(s), etc. MSA by comparison to its contempories; although still building, is limited in their sales, customer service and staff support. Heretofore, this vendors reputation is exacerbated by its inhibited performance. Notwithstanding, they still on occassion manage to pull out a hat trick.

The issue of Customer Service and Ordering , really should not be of major concern. For those of us who are fortunate enough to live in SoCal, including David, its nothing more than an hours drive, and an additional hour for them to find the part(s), and it's a done deal. However, unfortunately for you logistics are involved.

In summary, consider your experiences, and those expressed by others both pro and con. With respect to Davids comment...he does not have the authority to pass off your concerns, although he may think he does! Anytime an individual is modivated or troubled enough to publically post a concern, it should be important to all of us. Again, thank you for your post.

VAN

Guest JAMIE T

I ordered a Euro Bumper and a Fairlady Z grill from them. They sent me a '73 USDM grill. I called them immediately and I gave the phone guy the number off my box, and he confirmed they had sent the wrong grill. I boxed it back up and sent it out the next day. About two weeks later I got the correct grill. I didn't feel insulted, and the guy on the phone was very appologetic. It was actually my first purchase from MSA. They really don't sell much of what I need. Minor restoration parts, etc... That's about it. For most of us, that's all we need. My car is pretty much a Datsun shell.