HybridZ

Wilwood Pedal Assembly

Is anyone running the wilwood/cnc/tilton pedal assembly? I was thinking of doing the single clutch dual brake assembly to eliminate the need for a booster and have the front and rear brakes each with there own master.

My biggest concern is with fitment because i'm tall and room is already limited under the dash so i want to retain a comfortable driving position.

Any input is welcome.

Here is an example http://www.wilwood.com/Products/005-PedalAssemblies/002-FSMP/dual/index.asp

i'm running indiv tilton masters for the brake and have the cable driven balance bar which allows me to adj f/r bias on the fly. i only recently removed the factory proportioning valve and safety valve-that eased my pedal effort. still higher effort than boosted brakes. i went to the tiltons because i didn't have room for the zx master in my z when i upgraded my brakes. you'll see my supercharger is in the way!

pics in my gallery-cut/paste the link in my signature.

I was looking at the Tilton setup... so I'm kinda interested to hear peoples experiences as well. I don't know that my setup requires a racing pedal assembly, but in the future I may look for alternatives to the stock setup. IIRC Wilwood has a remote resevoir setup... not too sure how that works.

I was looking at the Tilton setup... so I'm kinda interested to hear peoples experiences as well. I don't know that my setup requires a racing pedal assembly, but in the future I may look for alternatives to the stock setup. IIRC Wilwood has a remote resevoir setup... not too sure how that works.

Why not use a stock pedal box modified for dual masters? There are a couple of people that will do that for you. I think DP products is one. Probably about the same cost as the entire pedal assembly but ti will be easier to mount.

Cary

Guest iskone

I've got dual masters. They giveyou better modulation but require more force to use them. I don't know how much vacum my car makes but I don't think it is much, 278* 580/580

If you want to know the size of them you can search my posts or wait till I get home.

874005171705_2_.JPG

Isk

I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to make the floor and hanger mount Tilton pedal assembly work in a 240. Finally gave up and built a bracket/balance bar setup to mount Tilton MCs. I have blueprints for it and plan on doing a production run of 10 someday.

brakemcbracket.jpg

No for sure number yet. I need to see how much its going to cost me to get the parts laser or water jet cut. It will be made out of 4130 and there's also a rod and clevis that connects to the stock brake pedal. I'm also going to include the Tilton balance bar setup.

It will be more expensive then what Don charges to modify the stock pedal box.

It will be more expensive then what Don charges to modify the stock pedal box.

Being the cheap *** that I am, that is exactly what I wanted to know. Any benefit to your setup over his, other than the fact that a leaky reservoir won't drip on your feet?

Well... I haven't seen one of Don's modified pedal boxes but a couple benefits of spending more money:

1. You don't have to R&R the pedal box.

2. If the MCs are mounted inside the interior then maintenance and swapping out the MCs is a lot easier.

3. Assuming 2 above, plumbing will be easier.

4. If I have the part on the shelf you don't have the turn around time to get the mod done.

5. Your wallet will be lighter so you'll have more of a spring in your step.

Guest iskone

5. Your wallet will be lighter so you'll have more of a spring in your step.

LMFAO, By that logic I should be doing Red Bull comercials.

Isk

• 2 months later...
Guest PROJECTRB240SX

Sorry To Dredge Up An Old Thread....

But I'm Really Interested In That Dual Master Setup. I Was Wondering If/when You Ever Produce These How Much Do You Think They Will Run?