HybridZ

fixable?

PapaSmurf

hmm yeah probably I'm gonna try to get some estimates to show the insurrance company I want at least 5k from them if they dont fix it to buy a new one

my number keeps going up as I look around for a decent Z around me they are no where to be found

Guest Battle Pope

That's the problem with having yours wrecked, as it looks like it was in really good shape.

Z's aren't real difficult to find, but they're pretty scarce in good condition.

I just hate giving up on it I want it fixed I dont want another one I want this one. shes my baby! Everything is actually pretty sound the a piller is fine the only thing is on the inside you know area right behind the doglegs on the drivers side under the little side window thats crushed in and bent up

Needs a replacement shell doesn't it? Those rear quarters are a bitch to fix, have to be cut and shut IIRC, in which case given the other damage it needs a shell, plus..........

What a bastard of a thing to happen :(

Just FYI, When I went through this back in January 1996, I fought with State Farm over my car being totaled by their company. They eventually settled for $7800. I had a stack of receipts an inch thick and video of my promotional stuff I was doing with the car for advertisers and business development. It also took about 6 weeks worth of fighting with them.

Show PROOF that the car is a classic and ANY receipts for repairs. Also, Do NOT settle for a partial payment.

That car is likely fixable, but the cost will be to high for the company. They'll want to cut you a check and let YOU keep the car, since it isn't valuable to a salvage yard. These cars are no longer considered desirable in the Auto Parts recycling business. That could work to your advantage, because you could still make a decent chunk parting it out after the fact, and swapping good parts over to your new ride.

Mike