HybridZ

Got kicked out of a classic car show with a Ferrari! HAHA

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Okay so me and J and his friend Cam (J is a member on this site) took the Ferrari i have for the weekend to a classic car show.

i have to put some miles on the car so it was a perfect place to drive and hang out for abit.

so we get into the parking lot and right when were about to go into the cone area where the show is the guy that i guess lets you go in yelled at me to stop.

so i screach the tires to stop and he says "you can go in here, just classic or exotic cars from 1979 down" so i looked at him puzzled like a mad man, J yells out "mike your 20 years to new" lol.

so a Ferrari cant be next to a chevy camaro, or that dodge dart... hmmmm whats this world coming to.

THEN, when were leaving a guy that owns a charger yells out while walking fastly towards us "dont you ever come back!"

he didnt say crap when we were walking around for 15mins... what a tough guy!

best part is im wearing my datsun shirt while driving a ferrari, ahahaha.

I SOOOOOOOOO cant wait till me and J brings our loud as hell Z's in there and Cam brings his GN in there.... "oh you can bring that GN in here, its not 79 or older.." bastard!

mike

sorry had to vent.

For the longest time I took a lot of heat at the car shows for bringing a Japanese car. Even with the 340 under the hood. The organizers were trying to show muscle and classic cars. However the car draws a crowd and the organizers stopped hassling me. After the V12 went in there was no problem.

Over the years the British sports cars began to show. Next were the European sports cars. This year the Ferraris started to come. (I sat in a guy’s Daytona last week. Probably let me so I would stop drooling on it.)

The guys in the “rice†cars show up at a cruise night and are given the boot. Some of these cars are nice too. I feel for these guys for I know how it feels to work hard on a project and not be accepted.

It really sucks to bring something you feel is show worthy and not be able to present it.

Ya, it's taken me almost a year to fit in some catagory here. I went to a couple of tuner shows, and though they wanted to know how I fit "that" in there, I wasn't readily accepted. At first the clasic car guys didn't really accept me either, "what's that Datsun doing here?" until I was at the local Thursday night hang out. The tradition there is to "light them up" when you leave. The first time I went there, as I was leaving, I heard someone say " what's a Datsun doing here?" I then proceded to light them up for a block and a half. Since then, that croud has accepted me and my "Datsun".

Never have had a problem fitting in with any group around here. The import guys drool over the car, the domestic guys respect it b/c it whoops up on most of them, most of the hot rod guys dig it......seems like just about every one I meet used to own a z at one time. The car never fails to draw a crowd where ever it goes.

JT

Guest Battle Pope

IMO they don't support the Classic Import class nearly enough. Probably because the only other phenomenally successful ones are now worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, which kinda cuts down on the ownership rate.

I show mine fairly regularly at the small, local shows, and the larger cruises. I get acceptance from both the Rodders and the Ricers. What ticks me and everyone else off is the guys that don't enter the show but drive around outside of it, making noise, speeding, and screeching tires to gain attention. They are usually the younger kids and are usually in rice. That's how they get branded.