HybridZ

Post pictures of your garages!

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

I want to see pic's of everybodys garages.

im trying to get ideas, and plus i wanna see where everybody builds these badass cars.

post away!

and tell us why yours is pretty cool, like what you did to it to make it better then reg old garages.

mike

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here is mine... it is VERY much a work in progress. Only been on the go for a few months. Many updates (many aesthetic) coming every weekend.

Dyno54_web.jpg

Why is it cool? The 2 post Rotary hoist and the dyno dynamics dynomometer set it apart from most I think...

I don't think mine qualifies as a 'shop' really... :lol: Single car garage with 'stuff and things' piled up on both sides, and my pathetic tool collection stuffed behind the car (in the middle of the garage; The rear section is where the girlfriends father does some wood working) and while it has a concrete floor, there are a few anoying cracks/dips in it. :redface: Oh well, you work with what ya got right? I'll see if I can dig up a pic of my dungen.. you know, for comic relief for the thread..

ha ha ah ha ha..

you guys will laugh so hard at mine, the pics are getting developed of my roomates swap and Ill show you.. my old garage was sweet! but this one barely closes the front door.. Very scary when you have a $800 welder and 3k in tools plus 3k in parts.. AND YOU LIVE IN THE GHETO!!

mine is still under construction

garage5.jpg

I planed/saved all my life to have a decent garage and now that Ive retired Im building one!

36 feet deep x 74 feet wide x 16 ft tall, it will eventually have a 36 x 50 loft for parts storage, its being built with a bathroom to clean up in (wifes idea)

Battle Pope...when I was 20 I lived in a trailer park, things improve as you work tword your goals if your consisant, especially if you buy real estate out in the boonies where its cheap now while your young, I could NEVER afford to live where I do or have what I have if I had not put 10% of every pay check into, investments, real estate and savings since I was 18 years old

You can see various pics of mine Here: http://photos.yahoo.com/dat74z Look in the various Folders. We paved the driveway in January.

Mine is a 32X24 with an 11X32 upstairs that isn't done yet. The ceilings are 12.5 feet and the lift barely clears it. I just found out I'll be replacing a porting of the garage floor sometime in the not so distant future, since the floor is dropping in the back half, due in large part to the poor soil the building was built on. I strongly recommend a structurally re-enforced floor for any "new" garage builders.

My next garage will be MUCH larger...

Mike :cool:

garage5.jpg

I planed/saved all my life to have a decent garage and now that Ive retired Im building one!

36 feet deep x 74 feet wide x 16 ft tall' date=' it will eventually have a 36 x 50 loft for parts storage, its being built with a bathroom to clean up in (wifes idea)

Battle Pope...when I was 20 I lived in a trailer park, things improve as you work tword your goals if your consisant, especially if you buy real estate out in the boonies where its cheap now while your young, I could NEVER afford to live where I do or have what I have if I had not put 10% of every pay check into, investments, real estate and savings since I was 18 years old[/quote']

VERY Impressive Grumpy!

Congrats on the successful investments and the garage! Pleased to hear you talk of the fruits of property, as i started investing in it about 4-5 yrs ago and look forward to the delayed gratification :wink:

Well done.

Well here is mine... it is VERY much a work in progress. Only been on the go for a few months. Many updates (many aesthetic) coming every weekend.

Dyno54_web.jpg

Why is it cool? The 2 post Rotary hoist and the dyno dynamics dynomometer set it apart from most I think...

Awsome Richard, you got the Dyno!..

Man these are some sweet shops/garages. Right now I have a slab in the back yard where my wife and I park our cars. heh.. Seems every time I go to work on the Z.. thunderstorms come up :( . We will be building a new house in a year or so and a 2 car garage as well as a 25x30 shop is in the plans! :) I cannot wait!.ALready collecting pics, posters, emblems for it!! I really like the epoxy flooring you put down bay areaZT.

Guest Battle Pope

garage5.jpg

36 feet deep x 74 feet wide x 16 ft tall' date=' it will eventually have a 36 x 50 loft for parts storage, its being built with a bathroom to clean up in (wifes idea)

Battle Pope...when I was 20 I lived in a trailer park, things improve as you work tword your goals if your consisant, especially if you buy real estate out in the boonies where its cheap now while your young, I could NEVER afford to live where I do or have what I have if I had not put 10% of every pay check into, investments, real estate and savings since I was 18 years old[/quote']

Yeah, I can definitely understand how you got to where you are. Mad props!

while I have no desire to EVER sell my current home,just as an example.

I purchased the 5 acres of open ground on a dirt road 20 miles from the nearest shopping center or gas station, ETC. in 1970 for $23,000, (I was making $98 a week at the time and the payment was $150 a month,today a 5 acre lot sells for $500,000 or more in this community and the homes sell for more,

now I made lots of stupid mistakes investing and lost money by the truck load at times, not selling stocks when I should have, but I still managed to be in the black vs red

consistant investment in real estate and diversification in a stck portfolio will pay off over time

never put more than 20% of your nest egg,in any one investment

Heres where I do most my work. Its one of the three garages in our building. If you look in the backround, and see the yellow posts thats one of the other garages which has our frame machine and room for one car. I took that pic from the balcony and under that is room for another car, which is where the Z is hiding. Apart from that, there is another garage that I dont have pictures of which has room fo 5 cars. fully equipped with an industrial air compressor, sand blasters, welders, all body work ezuipment.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a5/blue9kaero/?action=view&current=shop.jpg