HybridZ

Post pictures of your garages!

Guest ON3GO

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tim, Pic was from '02. Garage is a mess right now. Convertible completely apart and on dolly in my regular garage. My '69 is sitting where the convertible is in the pic, the Z is on the lift and my WWII jeep is under the Z!

I still have my truck. It did not meet reserve on ebay. Will hit autotrader next week. I want to sell it, I want it to find a good home, but I will not give it away. Not sure what part of the first line "$4000 reserve" these idiots missed. But oh well! Anybody else interested, shoot me an email! I love my truck and will miss it dearly, but the 3 of us and the dog don't all fit.

I have a self imposed restriction on myself of not getting new driveshaft for the Z until truck sells. Really want to have the Z at our clubs September show.

I’ve got a 24’ x 40’ detached garage on my 5+ acres in the boonies of southwest Ohio. But so what? My car project is still snailing along ever so slowly.

It seems that if you don’t have adequate space for working on your car, the complaint is about getting adequate space. But once you get the space, you need the tools or the time to get the work done. And once you get the tools and the time, you need the skills. But getting the skills takes a lifetime.

Anyway, the point is that even a small garage can be enough to build an excellent car; and no amount of garage space is by itself sufficient to make any project easy.

Now if only real estate around here would EVER appreciate (it’s lagged the rate of inflation for decades, and the so-called “national†housing boom of recent years has completely bypassed this area)! So what’s my point? Well, if you don’t save your money diligently, you will almost certainly not have a comfortable retirement. BUT, save as much as you like – if you’re unlucky, you’ll still be poor in retirement. There’s much to be said for good judgment and good discipline, but the final arbiter is good luck!

Michael, Based on our discussions previously, You will be one of the FEW people who will be MORE than fine with your retirement plans. You're running out of excuses and need to just SPEND the money and finish your car man! :shock:

Cheers!

Mike :cool:

Now if only real estate around here would EVER appreciate (it’s lagged the rate of inflation for decades, and the so-called “national†housing boom of recent years has completely bypassed this area)! So what’s my point? Well, if you don’t save your money diligently, you will almost certainly not have a comfortable retirement. BUT, save as much as you like – if you’re unlucky, you’ll still be poor in retirement. There’s much to be said for good judgment and good discipline, but the final arbiter is good luck!

I am sorry but I totally disagree with the "but the final arbiter is good luck!" statement and the "Now if only real estate around here would EVER appreciate (it’s lagged the rate of inflation for decades, and the so-called “national†housing boom of recent years has completely bypassed this area)!"

There is nothing stopping you buying real estate in other areas outside of where you live! Why limit your potential gain/return by only buying close to your home!

I spend alot of time on my property investing and work hard at it, and it is hard, its not easy and it really piss's me off when people say to me "oh but you're just lucky" and "oh but we dont have much capital growth where we live" and the like.

Sorry for jacking the garage thread here guys, but this just struck a nerve on a topic that i am very passionate about. And Michael, i'm not trying to be a pri_k here or anything, but re-read my second paragraph.

Let the garage thread continue :-)

Daves garage too bad the house is for sale BUT new garage will be identical except just a little smaller... Oh well the new casa has a pool so who am I to complain...

Not my Z, My Cobra (Z is an original Scarab, sweet)

14229.jpg

Note BIG TV in corner

14231.jpg

They told me the cabinet would hold the TV NO PROBLEM

24287.jpg

Oh the carnage!!!

24286.jpg

Smashed hood

24290.jpg

Get out the Sawzall and instant cold air induction

24750.jpg

value

value

value

Here's a couple pictures of my floor after I epoxy coated it about 2 months ago. I didn't bother to use their decoritive paint chips. Thought it looked tacky.

garage.JPG

garage2.JPG

If you're looking for ideas, an epoxy coated floor is a great one. I did my floor last summer and it made a huge difference in everyway: looks better, more durability, less dust on the cars, its not as damp and clean up is a breeze. I can't say the last one enough: Clean up is EASY.

Here's a place to get good garage ideas:

http://www.garagejunkies.net/index.php?

OK Grumpy....I think you have been outclassed :shock:

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=672487

that thread nearly made me wet my pants... I think my Z is going to be inexplicably stolen just before the divorce if I get divorced. HOLY FREEKIN SNIT! I'm shaking... is that normal when you've seen a tragedy so severe it is without possibility of words to explain? I'm going home with a tall bottle of Rum tonight, and I'm going to tell my wife that I'll never leave her.

"how are the garage doors comin?"

shopped till I was REALLY sick of it!

found most of the dealers are not willing to be reasonable,

but finally ordered a PAIR of 180mph rated insullated 8 ft tall x 16 ft wide garage doors that cost me $4700 INSTALLED PRICE

( without power openers,)(Ill get those later,) they are to be installed in two weeks.....needed to be ordered custom built, seem most guys get the cheap un-insullated doors rated at 110mph and they don,t sell many quality, high wind load rated doors so they don,t stock them

every last one of thos SOBs quote MUCH lower prices over the phone, but once they find your demanding certified doors with back up paper work and a state certification the price goes thru the roof!

• 3 weeks later...

garage8.jpg

garage7.jpg

Im still waiting on garage doors to be delivered, they were suppose to be here last week....

but heres some pics of the inside so far, it gives a partial idea as to size but makes the garage look FAR SMALLER than it is, theres an additional 15 feet behind my brother-in-law as he took this picture filled with building materials/stored parts ETC. so he cant back up further

BTW look cloesly at the light shadow on the wall near the nose of the vette, that vettes 10 feet from the far wall, which tends to give you a better idea as to size