HybridZ

Another Carbon Fiber Hood

Bartman

I saw a carbon fiber hood from Raconusa on eBay today:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/240Z-260Z-280Z-DATSUN-CARBON-FIBER-OEM-GRADE-HOOD-JDM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33646QQitemZ7990010349QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW for $499.99. I then found their web site and the price is listed as $474.05. Is anyone familiar with this company and/or these hoods. Sounds like a good deal, but I don't know anything about the quality of their products.

The information at the web site states that it has a "FRP plastic finish underside". Does this mean that it's really a fiberglass hood with a layer of carbon fiber on the top?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess would be that it's a CF outer with a FG inner structure.
I called them, and yes it is essentially a fiberglass hood with a layer of carbon fiber on the top.

I think if people are selling a fiberglass hood with a layer of carbon fiber on top they shouldn't be able to call it a 'carbon fiber' hood. That's like putting aluminum foil over a car and saying it's an aluminum car.

It's a fiberglass hood with a carbon fiber look.

Personally, I were to buy a CF hood, it would still have to be from Mr. Coffee. Not only to support a 'local' hybridz'er but from what I've seen of his work, it's going to be top notch. Sure you might get a better "deal" on ebay but what happens when that hood starts falling apart?

Hey Bart,

It's a fiberglass hood with a carbon fiber look.

If that's what you are looking for, the cowl hood that you were fondling in my office is for sale. $479... :twisted:

BTW... I owe you an official betaMotorsports T-Shirt. What size?

Personally, I were to buy a CF hood, it would still have to be from Mr. Coffee. Not only to support a 'local' hybridz'er but from what I've seen of his work, it's going to be top notch. Sure you might get a better "deal" on ebay but what happens when that hood starts falling apart?
:iagree:

I have no doubt John's hoods are great, as John pointed out I was drooling over his hoods when I was at his shop. I just like to post up when I find something for Z's so that we can all be informed consumers.

BTW - John, make it an X-Large :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...