HybridZ

Darius240z F1-R Procharger!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

??

I wondered what Darius240z's 'old' setup ran at the track. All I ever saw was a video of his on the street, and wondered what he expected his new setup to run.

But, since I have your attention, I also wondered how much RWHP a CV conversion will take. I know you used them, and wonder what HP the stub axles, adapters, etc of CV conversion will take IYO. I have the 27 spline and one 280 halfshaft setup with an LT1, and I'm building a second with 300 halfshafts and a supercharged LT1.

I have been told they won't take more than ~425 RWHP and wondered what you succeeded having the CV's take.

I wondered what Darius240z's 'old' setup ran at the track. All I ever saw was a video of his on the street' date=' and wondered what he expected his new setup to run.

But, since I have your attention, I also wondered how much RWHP a CV conversion will take. I know you used them, and wonder what HP the stub axles, adapters, etc of CV conversion will take IYO. I have the 27 spline and one 280 halfshaft setup with an LT1, and I'm building a second with 300 halfshafts and a supercharged LT1.

I have been told they won't take more than ~425 RWHP and wondered what you succeeded having the CV's take.[/quote']

I am assuming this is being directed to me.

The answer is: it depends on whether or not you are running a manual or automatic and if automatic, do you use a transbake. It all comes down to how much you shock the driveline or if you have bad wheephop. I personally do not think the CVs and stubs will hold up to dropping the clutch with sticky tires and that kind of hp/torque. I was running 400+rwhp (lots more torque than a N/A V8) with the R200, 280ZXT CVs, my CV adaptors (precursor to Ross' setup) and 280 stubs. Never broke a stub but did break a CV. While looking into custom CVs, I was told the side I broke is not the one that usually breaks so it must have been a freak. On that note, I must say that folks who are doing the CV conversions and using used CVs must accept the risk of faulty parts. Lets face it, a pair of used 82 CVs from the J/Y are probably the factory originals and therefore 23 yrs old and the rebuilt CVs use inferior metal for the cage.

I did swap in another CV and continued to run the car hard with no problems, with a best of 1.55 60' on DRs until I made the switch. The switch was made primarily because I was running out of RPMs in the traps trying to keep the car in 3rd and wanted to go even faster. I needed something in the 3.0x ratio range. If you are running an automatic, I would go with what you have until something breaks. If you drag race the car, use the footbrake to load up the suspension. If a manual and you want to drag race.......cross your fingers.

BTW, my RX7 is using a C4 vette diff with stock RX7 TII CVs and stock suspension. I use the footbrake and 255 MT DRs and the rear end squats when I foot brake it and the car just squirts off the line with a best of 1.51 so far. With that launch technique the driveline is preloaded and not shocked.

BTW, if the question was not directed at me, then I apologize for rambling on :D :D

The last time Darius had his 240 running was on the dyno when it blew the motor when it leaned out.It was like 650HP at the time and was runnng like crap.He wasnt even full throttle.The shafts he's runnin are CV on the end that bolts up to the diff and solid U-Joints that bolt up to the companian flange.He is the only guy that is running that set up ....that I know of.I believe he is on a different scale then most of the Z guys running the R230.The mustache bar is a solid mount also.

Originally Posted by Scottie-GNZ

BTW, if the question was not directed at me, then I apologize for rambling on

I will be using a 350 T with 3.53 R200 with 300 halfshafts no transbrake. My stall should be ~2500 with 8.5" slicks, I would guess 60's of <1.64.

Thanks for the info, I had intended to use it, but feel better hearing I have a fair chance of the setup holding.

Hey Darius,

I was talking to a young guy who drives a Sentra SER but works in a Mustang oriented performances shop in Arlington, TX - USA Motorsports - and he was asking me about the dude with the supercharged LT1 powered Z car video. He had just seen it. Man - that video is like the energizer bunny - it just keeps on going!!:-D

I have some new pics in the gallery, I'm going to be adding them weekly as the work progresses. This thing is gonna be insane!! We're making a front splitter as well as a rear diffuser. 8 indivudual msd coils packs mounted to the side of the valve covers, more crazy stuff to come!

http://www.servinitup.com/gallery/Darius240z

• Administrators

Darius,

Thanks for the update. The car is… uh…. well… CRAZY FAST!!! just the way we like it.

What Engine management system are you using for your engine? If you would be so kind, could you also give me a break down on your power train components, i.e. engine goodies both internal and bolt on, trans, diff, half shafts, etc…

Thanks in advance,

Paul (BRAAP) Ruschman