HybridZ

TEC 3 Sensors and Crank Trigger

S30TRBO

As final assembly will start in a few weeks, I have a few questions:

*Will I need any sensors from Nissan i.e. cylinder head, water temp and thermo-time switch? Do all the ones I need come with the TEC 3 Kit? I see that there are some additional sensors that you can buy separate.

*Crank Trigger: Can one be made or am I better off buying one from TEP (since they seem to be the only ones that make a bolt on one)?

Suggestions??

Thanks,

My crank trigger and modified front pulley from TEP were not the best- The trigger wheel was mounted one tooth advanced and the front pulley was modified so that it was effectively solid ( rubber bushed portion of a ZXT pulley lathed off to mount the trigger wheel). They did do a good job on the sensor mount, however.

Most OEM Nissan front pulleys will fail in short order on high horsepower turbo motors.

Probably the best route to take is to get the excellent BHJ damper with matching trigger wheel and make your own sensor mount. It's not that difficult to do with a drill/hacksaw/file. What Jon said - Make it Strong to prevent damage and to ensure stable timing.

You will need none of the oem FI sensors.

Rick,

I have the NISMO Comp Pulley (blue) is this the same case as you stated before in having problems with the OEM pulley? Or is this a better solution?

I want to do this right (THE FIRST TIME), I checked briefly into BHJ website. I guess I will need to call them for the "L" application since I didn't see it on there website. I may have missed it though.

Does BHJ sell the matching trigger wheel or do I match that up with one that Electromotive sells?

Thanks Guys!!

I'm not too familiar with the Nismo pulleys - the comp versions may be better than the stockers.

The BHJ can be ordered with its matching trigger wheel, nicely slotted for fine adjustment and with good sturdy attachment hardware. The wheel is front mounted and requires a longitudinally mounted (versus a radial orientation) sensor.

I have a BHJ damper in the shop now - and am building a sensor mount for a friend - will take some pictures & post in the next few days.

I have just finished rebuild on my L28 custom turbo (aren't they all) and ready to replace EFI, but needing good crank trigger package. Not much time to custom fab since working out of town. What is best source for this BHJ package, including balancer, trigger wheel and sensor with mount and please advise contact info?