HybridZ

Type R?

spdsk8r

When it comes to Japanese Ricer type sedans, I am totally illiterate. Driving down the road the other day, I saw a new Black sedan, with a little red "Type R" in the lower right corner of the rear valance. What kind of car is it? Thanks, your help in educating the ignorant is appreciated.

in the united states, the only true Type-R production model exists in the acura integra type R. it's a 2 door integra coupe, with the B18c5 motor displacing 1.8 liters and making 195hp at the crank. The car is also stripped of extra weight, comes with front and rear strut bars, limited slip differential, close ratio transmission and stiffer struts and springs. Also included are thicker sway bars, and 5 lug wheels (a true way to identify a type-r). it's a good autocrosser from factory/track car (for a fwd anyway.) with a good driver, it's capable of mid-high 14 sec. 1/4 mile times. A guy from a local club here ran 14.3 with intake and exhaust mods only. (i saw it at sac. raceway)

in europe and japan type R accord exists with beefed up suspension and a bit more power, as well as civic type R, which makes 175hp.

Guest Anonymous

Since when did the letter "R" gain aoutomotive super status. I was under the impression Z and variations of E spelled out what "DREAMS ARE MADE OF" What ever happened to rich Corinthian leathers and Cordovas?..... "Boss, de plane"!

Yup The Integra Type R is the only real deal on American Soil and the B18C5 is the holly Grail of Honda Swaps... When looking for a good transplant into your average garden variety Civic. Those Integra Type Rs (The real ones) are SUPER impressive in the right hands... Nice package, and in line with what Dodge did with the ACR Neon for club racers!

Mike

Guest Anonymous

I have heard different stories about the Type R (american version), some people say the stock engines are "too perfect", ive met people who install Jackson Racing superchargers and are pissed either because it didnt do much or ruined the cars balance. To each his own i guess... malebitchslap.gif

I've been downloading some videos off the internet lately and I came across a few Japanese Best Motoring ones I think. I have one on the final lap of a five lap race and its an Integra R and RX-7 (3rd gen) going head to head at the end. The Integra was desperately trying to hold the Mazda off, but to no avail down the last straight. Don't doubt those little Integra Type R's for one moment. They may not have the torque for the 1/4 mile, don't be suprised seeing one speed through the twisties like nothin'.

Honda already gets out enough from the engines that mods dont usually do alot for them, however, a 14 second car is still slow as piss for a dragster, which is yet another reason drag is just boring to me overall.

An 11 second or lower car, that starts to get fun, but I still dont dig drag.

R has been around for awhile, it just means Race or Race Ready, Viper GTS-R etc

Yep, best of the best is still slow as a basketball rolling down a hill, sorry I think 14 second cars are a snooze, even though my Z is a 15 second car :D

It takes a hell of a driver though to really be competitive in an 11 second or faster car, on a road course, because the Camaro is nearly undriveable at WOT for more than several seconds for me, not enough grip (hence the lighter Z fantasy car).