HybridZ

RB25DET Swap In Progress [Semi 56k Friendly] Photos!

240Z_Master

My friend and I are working on his car, and so far this is what we have been able to come up with...

[Photos temporarily down]

The transmission bracket is only temporary. It will have a new design later...but for the meanwhile it's just meant to hold up the motor.

That looks great guy... You know, I was cappin on McKinneys trans mount, saying that it would be hanging low and catch onto something, but now that I've seen the early S30 trans mount design, I think it will be OK because it recesses up into the trans tunnel.

I thought the two bolts that held the trans mount were flush with the floor pan... doh!!

I was being to critical of their mounts. I stand corrected.

Your design looks good to. I'd just make sure it won't bend downward with the weight of the trans/motor riding on it.

Your design looks good to. I'd just make sure it won't bend downward with the weight of the trans/motor riding on it.

We're reworking the design on this one. I would love to make 2 bolts on each side instead of one. Maybe I can make something.

But thanks for the love guys...more pictures to come.

WOULD YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH THE MANIFOLD/THROTTLE TOUCHING THE CHASSIS? IF SO, ARE YOU GOING TO USE A 45/90 DEGREE SILICONE HOSE TO PREVENT THE CONTACT WITH THE CHASSIS?

SEENS LIKE THAT FROM THE PIC.

NICE WORK BTW. i WISH i WAS THERE. i WOULD START MINE SOON, WHAT WAS CONPRESSION IN THE RB25DET BLOCK, I NEED OTHER POINT OF VIEW.

WOULD YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM WITH THE MANIFOLD/THROTTLE TOUCHING THE CHASSIS? IF SO' date=' ARE YOU GOING TO USE A 45/90 DEGREE SILICONE HOSE TO PREVENT THE CONTACT WITH THE CHASSIS?

SEENS LIKE THAT FROM THE PIC.

NICE WORK BTW. i WISH i WAS THERE. i WOULD START MINE SOON, WHAT WAS CONPRESSION IN THE RB25DET BLOCK, I NEED OTHER POINT OF VIEW.[/quote']

Like I said, this is my friends car. He and I are going to use the same manifold with the Q45 TB. The clearance is tight, but I plan on using a 45 degree silicone elbow. Maybe even a step down adapter from the TB into a 45 degree pipe.

nice Brother, you know I would contact you soon to get the manifold, I just ordering my parts right now. engine would be odtaing next week.

I don't know if you noticed, but on the GReddy manifold. It requires the use of a Q45 Throttle Body. When I go to the junk yards I'll keep an eye out for those, I always do anyway since they're worth something to everyone.

On the manifold, let me try to fix my solution with the TB with like a 45 silicone elbow and hope it works for the best.

what other throttle bodys would work, mainly for your custom intake??

None other would really. the opening on the GReddy manifold is pretty big. Otherwise you can always make an adapter to utilize a smaller TB. But if anything a little cutting or pounding could solve the problem on the wheel well pretty easy, but I think I can make it work.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes I need a set.

Need sump and pick up to if anyone have. Nissan here in Norway wont sell parts for Skyline since it has never been sold in this country :(

Gonna fit a 6shift S15 gearbox on my rb engine' date=' any done something like that?[/quote']

You should contact http://www.nismoparts.com directly and ask for Shea, or email and ask for Shea (pernounced Shay). Tell him "Q" or "Quoc" sent you. I ordered enough parts through him that he should be able to send you parts. The oil pan part numbers can be found in that other post that you responded to.