HybridZ

Aluminum radiator

evildky

anyone running the Arizona Z Car aluminum radiator? I'm trying to get one but the upper hose has me baffeled, dave at arizona sent me a part number for the hose but it was a parts store part number for a chain we don't have around here, anyone know either a namebrand part number or what application this uper hose is intended for?

I was thinking of getting one soon.. Summit has the griffin ones for 189 and the summit brand for 169.. The inlet and outlet almost match the stock Radiator inlet and outlet..
What is the part number, if you don't mind? Since I installed a MSA stage 2 cam in my L28ET, it will not stay cool. I'm hoping I can cool it down better with an aluminum unit....

Summit sells both griffin radiators. The one for like $259 GRI-1-55202-X is over 50% larger. It has two 1.25" tubes. If we remember our math, V=A*L volume=area times length. Area equal 3.14*radius squared. The radius is half the diamer of the tube.

.5 squared times 3.14 = .785

.625 squared time 3.14 = 1.2266

That means that for $70 extra, you get a radiator that is more than 56% larger. If you are going to spend the money on extra cooling, $75 for an extra 56% flow would be well worthwhile. 36% more money for 56% more volume.

I like my Ron Davis.. I usually run with no fans :) it's super big!

-Ed

I have the Ron Davis (Arizona Zcar) unit as well on my road racer. I do have to run it with a fan, but that's with a underdrived crank pulley and a BIG cam. But I can say it never gets above 180 deg durning a session.

Anyways, this topic with hoses and aluminum radiators has come up before. If Dave has a part # for a hose that fits, it's news to me. Check out this thread for my solution:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=102562&highlight=radiator

I just want to know what hose to buy and dave frn AZ said it was carquest part #22373, wo don't have carquest in my area, if I could just get a fitment or a manufacturer part number I'd be good

I went to Carquest.com and found out all their hoses and belts are Gates. Then went to Gates.com and searched that part number. It then comes up with Gates' product ID# of 42612373 and the same part #. From the picture, it looks like the right one.

CARQUEST STORES ARE EVERYWHERE: Here is your local store!

http://www.carquest.com/locator.htm

I would like to let you guys know that we offer a service to completly design a radiator to YOUR SPECS!

Our radiators are hand built like Ron Davis. Our tanks are hand fabricated & welded not stamped like BeCool, Griffin or Summit models.

Features:

-Tanks are heli-arc welded for superior strength and look

-Cores are made in America from the finest materials available

-Cores are furnace brazed. Our radiators do not contain any type of epoxy in the manufacturing such as the BeCool, Griffin or Summit models. (Epoxied cores may crack and leak in within the first year of service These leaks can not be repaired.

The radiator cores feature dual 1 inch wide tubes measuring 2-3/8" wide. The radiators have been road & track tested to be 100% effective in ALL of the applications that we have built to date. In certain very high power producing applications or if the need for air conditioning in hot climates is needed; we suggest very high efficiency fans to compensate for the additional heat removal needed. We also can build radiators utilizing dual 1 1/2" cores if needed.

Radiators are 3 inches thick at the tanks (2-3/8 inches at the core) - you specify height, width, inlet and outlet size and location, filler location, mounting bracket size and location, etc.

-14 fins per square inch

-Top and bottom air director/fin covers

-Billet aluminum filler neck

-1/4" drain petcock installed

-Custom brackets are fabricated from .080 inch aluminum sheet

-Radiators are tested at 30 p.s.i. before shipping

Our regular price is $398.00(no trans cooler), or $448.00 (with cooler) + shipping.

Take a look around our site and the reviews for the radiators that we design and have built for previous customers:

http://www.streetrodstuff.com/Products/157/

Please call me at 330-358-0004 if you have any questions.

I ran the griffin 1.25" dual tube radiator. I had no problems. It worked well and actually cooled my Z. This was an accomplishment on my last Z because it was a 400hp 335sbc with headers, aluminum heads and air conditioning. A lot of heat under that hood. It took the big radiator with a fully louvered hood to get rid of all that heat.

• 2 weeks later...
Just a shameless plug for an inexpensive aluminum radiator kit for the 6-cylinder Z car which includes mounting brackets and hoses.

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_DATZ_Radiator_Kit.html

The installation instructions show which hoses to use.

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/6-cyl-Datsun-chapter/12-Cooling_System-7.5.pdf

again, I don't want any frankenhoses, and I already have a radiator, there has to be a fricken "S" shaped hose with 1-3/8" ends that is intended to fit something