HybridZ

Top End Performance

jtpaintballwdp

I've heard good and bad from them. A customer of mine ordered some pistons and hey showed up here without any problems and were very timely. I've personally never ordered from them as I always heard too many bad things about them. Almost all of thier products can be found elsewhere...its up tp you. Maybe someone else has some experiences to share as well.

Steve gave one friend of mine flat out wrong info about L series cams and lash pads. Another friend ordered, got the wrong stuff, called and was told a call tag would be issued and it never was. He had to call back 3 or 4 times to finally get everything straightened away.

I've been to their shop when I lived in SoCal, they have some really nice customer cars there, and my orders with them were easy and always went right the first time.

So it's a mixed bag for me.

Guest bastaad525

I've had nothing but bad experience with them and will never deal with them again either.

The owner is a real jerk.

Ordering parts from them you are probably okay, but if they screw anything up with your order it's gonna be a PITA to get them to fix it.

The owner... seriously... a real friggin jerk.

OH and if you aren't spending a fortune be well prepared for that feeling like they really don't have the time to be 'wasting' on you.

Because really, they are ALL real friggin jerks....

Out of curiosity I'm looking for forged Rods for an L28ET, now Top-End says they have one made by Pauter for an L28 http://www.racetep.com/pauter.html . However when I looked on Pauter's website the only offer one for the L24 http://www.pauter.com/nissan.htm . Am I missing something here or is Top-end being misleading??

Tyson

I don't know any of the pin heights or any of that. Anyone you're ordering from should be able to help you figure all that out. The longer rods ARE an advantage, so if your getting custom pistons you might as well use the longer rods. Pauter might be able to make a standard L28 rod, but why would you pay all that money for the stock length?

As for experiences with TEP, I bought a lot of stuff from them for my last Z, before I heard here on the forum of many bad experiences some has had. Anywas, all my deals went smooth, they replied fast and they always shipped the items with low value invoices to help me avoid custom taxes etc. So I have continued to deal with them. I am the customer spork mentioned that was getting JE-pistons from them. Seems everything went by ok there as well. :-)

So I have only had positive experiences with them.

Guest EnterZandman

I see that Top End Racing has a suspension kit available for the 240Z. Complete urethane bushing kit, front and rear sway bars (1 1/8" and 7/8") with bushings and end links, lowering springs (240F and 200R), and Tokico Blue HP strut inserts (F&R) for $910.

Has anyone used this kit? I'm mainly concerned about the quality of the springs. Top End says that they are springs that are specially made for them. If they're good springs, this kit might be a good value. If not, the rest of the stuff could probably be priced elsewhere cheaper. Any thoughts?