HybridZ

Repainted the 73' ALOT of pics

Clifton

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bastard..... now im going to have to flush/mold the headlight buckets to the fenders. That looks smooth. everything on that car is the sickness! Those are the same miriors I wanted to run as well.

Glad to see a finished car, gives me a little insperation to go out to the garage and get to work :)

EDIT- Whats the offset on those rear wheels?

Awesome z. My favorite color, and one of my favorite wheels... How did you mount the sideview mirrors by the way?

I notched the squeege moulding to slide over the mirror arm and then used that to locate the hole I drilled in the door pinch seam. It is double wall there and pretty firm. I had to bend it a little though as the mirrors aren't adujstable in that direction. I used a socke head screw and cut down a hex key so I can adjust them with the panels on if they ever get bumped hard.

I'm in the middle of body work I am now going to fill in the light buckets to the fenders and gotta get some 17s man that looks good. my doors were bent too above the handle, whats that from? hip closing the door? anyway they are pulled, filled, and smoothed out now. I also filled in the side marker lights. Your lookes sweet! Gives me a goal!!!!!!!!!

hehe FN01Rs on a S30! never thought I would see that.. clean modern look. A lower offset would have looked better tho IMO *would look more dished*. I got same rims on my 240sx, but the rear is 18x9.5 +12 offset. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/streetphase/ca4rt.jpg

Have a few questions:

What parts did you use for the 5lug swap? Is it possible to drill out the front hubs and put in new studs? I did this to my 240sx.

What suspension are you running? Im interested in how the camber adjustment plates are set up, Do you just slot the stock mount or are thier actually plates welded on?

Have you considered running some front/rear spoiler set up? Would look alot more agressive and help stablity with all that hp your packing.. =D

A lower offset would have looked better tho IMO *would look more dished*.

Have a few questions:

What parts did you use for the 5lug swap? Is it possible to drill out the front hubs and put in new studs? I did this to my 240sx.

What suspension are you running? Im interested in how the camber adjustment plates are set up' date=' Do you just slot the stock mount or are thier actually plates welded on?

Have you considered running some front/rear spoiler set up? Would look alot more agressive and help stablity with all that hp your packing.. =D[/quote']

A lower offset won't fit with that width on an S30. I do like the dish look more though.

I have the AZC 5 lug brakes/ aluminum hubs. It is not possible to redrill the S30 fronts. You can the rears though. You can use Z31 5 lug hubs on the front too.

Coilovers (250f/280r), Koni insert. Front are weld in plates. See second pic down. Rears aren't in yet but they will not be weld in. 2fiddyZ is making them, he could explain how they work better. I have eccentric LCA bushings until then.

I have an air dam on my 71'. I like the looks of stock Z's and wanted to keep it as stock looking as I could plus airdams and curbs don't get along. It's stable though. Been to 150 a few times, doesn't feel any different than 70 or 110. I think allignment has a big part in stabilty. People lower there Z's, It toes out a little and then wanders.

do you have any close up pictures of the mirrors?

No. They are Spa mirrors though.

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting a very old Thread for the benefit of some of the newbies. The link was courtesy of The Man, himself, Clifton. This car has been my inspiration for the entire duration of my build...a build which may never be complete. Nonetheless, the work is beyond exceptional, and many of you will benefit from taking note on attention to detail. I certainly have.

My only regret is that there was never a public photo album [that I am aware of] so that I could see even more of the details. There are so many questions that I have... It has been my screensaver for years....

Resurrecting a very old Thread for the benefit of some of the newbies. The link was courtesy of The Man, himself, Clifton. This car has been my inspiration for the entire duration of my build...a build which may never be complete. Nonetheless, the work is beyond exceptional, and many of you will benefit from taking note on attention to detail. I certainly have.

My only regret is that there was never a public photo album [that I am aware of] so that I could see even more of the details. There are so many questions that I have... It has been my screensaver for years....

you can't think that way!! you have to stay focused. mines taken 4 years so far and i'm just now to body work as of a month ago.

clifton, i was kind of scared shaving the emblem off the quarter but i'm glad he resurrected the thread so i could see what it looks like. i had never noticed it

you can't think that way!! you have to stay focused. mines taken 4 years so far and i'm just now to body work as of a month ago.

clifton, i was kind of scared shaving the emblem off the quarter but i'm glad he resurrected the thread so i could see what it looks like. i had never noticed it

Shaved emblems, drip rails and turn signals. Very nice. I plan on doing the same thing.