HybridZ

Funny quicktime trailer for "The Shining"

Heavy Z

Ha Ha Ha , thats awesome. Makes it look like an Adam Sandler movie. Too bad that wasn't the original trailer for the film, imagine the shock on the audiences face as blood starts cascading down the hallway "What the hell? I thought this was a feel good movie...."

My new mission in life is to find someone who has never seen, read, or heard of the shining, and show them that trailer followed by the full movie. [insert evil laughter]

Mike

well, considering I ate constantine with a silver spoon and found sin city "enlightening" I doubt much can phase me. But I DO look foward to renting it.

I've said it a million times and I'll say it again. I'd rather watch a movie I've never seen that I know I won't like than watch a movie that I've seen a thousand times and still love. There's just something to be said about that new movie feeling.

well' date=' considering I ate constantine with a silver spoon and found sin city "enlightening" I doubt much can phase me. But I DO look foward to renting it.

I've said it a million times and I'll say it again. I'd rather watch a movie I've never seen that I know I won't like than watch a movie that I've seen a thousand times and still love. There's just something to be said about that new movie feeling.[/quote']

Constantine was weak so dont brag!!! What is a real scary movie that will haunt me in the night?

I think Gollum meant "I hate constantine." Sin City was not a scary movie and wasn't marketed to be one its just one of the "darker" comic book series out there. Now for good movies that will keep you up all night I'll recommend some of my favorites and other recommendations from other people:

Requiem for Dream (should be the new DARE program)

Full Metal Jacket (Stanley Kubrick)

Fraility

The Shining

Silence of the Lambs

Red Dragon (okay nothing really special)

A Clock Work Orange (Stanley Kubrick)

American Psycho

Memento

The Ring (heard it was scary)

Most of these aren't the whole gory slasher film type, however they are F*ck with your mind type which in my opinion is worst. I'm a huge movie buff so I'd like to think I have good tast :) .

Tyson

I think Gollum meant "I hate constantine." Sin City was not a scary movie and wasn't marketed to be one its just one of the "darker" comic book series out there. Now for good movies that will keep you up all night I'll recommend some of my favorites and other recommendations from other people:

Requiem for Dream (should be the new DARE program)

Full Metal Jacket (Stanley Kubrick)

Fraility

The Shining

Silence of the Lambs

Red Dragon (okay nothing really special)

A Clock Work Orange (Stanley Kubrick)

American Psycho

Memento

The Ring (heard it was scary)

Most of these aren't the whole gory slasher film type' date=' however they are F*ck with your mind type which in my opinion is worst. I'm a huge movie buff so I'd like to think I have good tast :) .

Tyson[/quote']

Frailty was a great movie! Very intresting plot there, and who dosent love the Hannibal Lector seriers, I really liked Red Dragon.

gonna have to check some of those out, forrest what is begotten about?

About constantine. I meant that it had utterly no effect on me. And I enjoyed it while other people walked out of the movie theater saying "what did i just see?" becuase it's just not what people are used to (to some extent).

I liked a clock work orange, good movie.

full metal jacket was awsome

silence of the lambs kinda freaked me out when I first watched it... but i was like 6 years old. I like it now. In fact, i enjoyed the whole hannibal series.

American psycho is great.

Never did see memento. We netflixed it and it got sent back too quickly. Everyone thougt I'd seen it...

Saw the ring on the plane trip back from england. We had bad turbulance, wich made the movie quite scary at the time, but looking back at it, it wasn't too bad.

The other movies i'm gonna have to look into for sure, due to the calibur of the rest of the list ;)

Nice list indeed, I'll have to check some of those out I haven't seen myself. If I could narrow it down to only one horror movie to recommend?

THE THING

Early 80's John Carpenter film when he was in top form as a director. He also produced the music. Great story, characters, suspense, effects(for the 80's), and one of the few horror flicks with an ending that doesn't go hollywood-style where everything has to be resolved. If you haven't seen it and like horror, have a look. If you already have (and not lately), rent it again. :-D

If I could narrow it down to only one horror movie to recommend?

THE THING

Ditto that. That movie still creeps me out. Everything about that film was perfect: music, setting, special effects, story line, everything.It has a pretty strong cult following to this day. Probably only a matter of time before they make a lame remake or sequel starring Dean Cain. :(

Mike