HybridZ

O2 bungs cheap need help finding them

love-my-V8-280Z

I am assuming that you didn't do a search?!

Use the spark plug "anti-foul' extensions from the "HELP" section of the parts store. The female thread is perfect for O2 sensors and you will just need to cut off the threads that would screw into the cylinder head (if you were to use them for their intended purpose). They cost about $2 each

Found this on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/O2-Sensor-Nut-and-Cap-Bungs-Two-Sets-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ8005793858QQcategoryZ33636QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2 for $13 with free shipping. Has the plugs in it to block off if you're moving the O2 sensor from one bank to the other (I guess). Looks like OK feedback on the guy. Only pi$$ed off one buyer in 323 sales. That's better than Wal-Mart.

Even this seems rediculous though with what you're getting.

Good Luck.

• 4 months later...

Start with a piece of 1" round stock, drill and tap. Then use a part off tool to get the thickness you want for the part.

Or if you want a cool radioused part, drill and tap, then use a hole saw say 2" saw and use a drill press with the part in a vice. Cut the end off with the hole saw, you now have a radioused part, to weld to a pipe.

• 3 weeks later...
Start with a piece of 1" round stock' date=' drill and tap. Then use a part off tool to get the thickness you want for the part.

Or if you want a cool radioused part, drill and tap, then use a hole saw say 2" saw and use a drill press with the part in a vice. Cut the end off with the hole saw, you now have a radioused part, to weld to a pipe.[/quote']

all that work for a part you can get on ebay for $8 shipped for the pair??? thats what i did

Bring your o2 sensor to a hardware store and just start trying out different nuts. Why does it need to be a "o2 bung"? Your a bunghole if you pay that much for a damn thing your just threading a o2 sensor in. Hmmm $0.50 or like 5 bucks? Hmmm... this isn't rocket science. I've done this with a couple of downpipes I've made and work perfectly.

• 1 month later...

Does the depth of the sensor affect performance or lifespan?

Looks like Tim's adapter would hold the sensor out of the actual exhaust pipe, while a simple nut might put the sensor directly in the path of a very hot gas flow.

Just curious, have never seen an O2 sensor.