Speedhut EL Gauges are now being tooled

qwik240z

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is there any idea of a price that is posted anywhere? Any pics to compare style?

thanks

Here is the link to a thread that will tell you about it. Visit the website and you can play with options.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=103440

Here are some shots of the ones for my 510.

They are off in this picture.

200El_Gauges_006-med.jpg

They are on in this picture in simulated daylight.

200El_Gauges_003-med.jpg

They are on in this picture in simulated nighttime.

200El_Gauges_004-med.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
so with these things you don't need lightbulbs behind the gauges anymore?

Shouldn't.. also would use less drain on the old wiring.

I might have to sell my digital gauges and put in an order.

Hmm just remembered... Can't really go with the reverse glow ones...Since our needles are not lighted..

Any thoughts on retro fitting them with a lit needle?

Any thoughts on retro fitting them with a lit needle?

I've been looking into that but can't find much. I did find a universal kit once, but it was insanely expensive.

I wanted to do this because you can get reverse glow gauges for the ZX. But since the whole face is illuminated on these, you might be OK.

I wanna see pics, might be interested in some myself.

Also, isn't blue bad for night driving?

Mario

I've been looking into that but can't find much. I did find a universal kit once' date=' but it was insanely expensive.

I wanted to do this because you can get reverse glow gauges for the ZX. But since the whole face is illuminated on these, you might be OK.

I wanna see pics, might be interested in some myself.

Also, isn't blue bad for night driving?

Mario[/quote']

you can switch between blue/green. The needles on the s30 cars is white... MAYBE the light from the numbers will be enough to show you where the needle, but the only way to know for sure is to try it out.

I think I was about number 20.

by reverse glow, do you mean black face with lit numbers? Thats what I got. I believe the needles are glow in the dark painted on the stock gauges. They can also be painted a flourescent orange to show up better. I did that on my last car when I put white faces on the gauges.

One possible way to get around this is to coat the needles with a fluorescent paint or a phosphorous paint and mount a small UV LED in the gauge pod. The smaller gauges might be a problem though, unless you place the LED flush with the top of the pod, inside.

One possible way to get around this is to coat the needles with a fluorescent paint or a phosphorous paint and mount a small UV LED in the gauge pod. The smaller gauges might be a problem though, unless you place the LED flush with the top of the pod, inside.
thats basically what I was thinking, but I think the ambient light from the gauge numbers will be good enough. It can't be any worse than they are stock.

Have you started the install yet Mike?

No, Probably in the next week though. I've got a couple powdercoating jobs to do first, then I want to fix my heat (don't know if its just the valve or heater core, previous owner just cut the hoses and plugged them), install my 350z seats and install the gauges.