HybridZ

Speedhut EL Gauges are now being tooled

qwik240z

Not to Hijack this thread' date=' but for you folks with ZX's who want EL guages, here is a deal WAY TOO GOOD to pass up...

CLICK FOR DEAL OF A LIFETIME 49 CENTS

and a Quicktime movie of them lighting up CLICK HERE

Please give it a few moments to load.

Warren

Stickers huh?? :lmao:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stickers don't have wires coming from them and a power inverter inline, OR light up and dim with the dimmer switch...these do. They are NOT stickers. I promise...they're the real thing.

But at that price, I doubted them too, till I got them in and installed them. Watch the video...

I emailed them a few days ago... Not making them for the '70-'78... :(

Anywho, I ordered a set from Speedhut last night. I yanked the dash tonight to prep it for the installation... and the many other electrical workings I need to do while I have it out. :)

How long did it take you guys to get yours once they started making them???

BTW if anyone wants any digital ones to fit the 240-280 I put mine up on ebay..

you should put a link.

my install is on hold. I just put new wheels on the C6 and the offset is wrong on the rears. Now I have to send them back to the mfgr to get them corrected, and I'm just gonna leave the car on jackstands for a couple weeks rather than move the tires back to my old rims and then back to the new ones again. So now I will be driving the heaterless 240 to work for a couple of weeks (having dealt with iforged before though, I'm guessing for a month)

• 3 weeks later...

Got mine today for my 240Z. They look great. I am sure they will work great! I love the ones in my 510. Super bright. I need to keep them on low so I don't get distracted by the brightness.

AK-Z: some of us want to keep the look of stock gauges but still want them brighter. This does that and for much less then replacing all of the gauges. Most aftermarket gauges don't have indicators for the turn signals and high beams.

EL Gauges $125

Aftermarket $250+

modify for turn signal and high beams

I like the look of the stock setup. just my opinion.

Not to Hijack this thread' date=' but for you folks with ZX's who want EL guages, here is a deal WAY TOO GOOD to pass up...

CLICK FOR DEAL OF A LIFETIME 49 CENTS

Whiteface.JPG

and a Quicktime movie of them lighting up CLICK HERE

Please give it a few moments to load.

Warren

Ive always wanted those, but i have the 130mph speedo. I emailed the seller and asked him we could get the 130mph speedo kits.

AK-Z: some of us want to keep the look of stock gauges but still want them brighter. This does that and for much less then replacing all of the gauges. Most aftermarket gauges don't have indicators for the turn signals and high beams.

BINGO !

I also had to send some pics in... on Monday or Tuesday... Got them yesterday though..!!!

I started putting them together tonight and polishing up the lenses,..... Couple problems I found. 1st, each face should have its own wire. I ended up cutting the speedometer from the tachometer face because I wanted the wiring completely in the original gauge, not on the outside. They are spliced together in the connector..

2nd... and more important, I need to call them back on this one. The voltmeter does not have the cutout for the red charge light and the "CHG" text is not there.

However, they do look good.. here is a preview. (still need to spray the needles)

day_thumb.jpg

night_thumb.jpg

Guest 240 4U2NV

Hey guys,

I am the group leader for the speedhut gauge development and they contacted me a couple of weeks ago and said that they are ready to start making these things but we need a couple of pictures first. Because the same gauges were used in so many different years some of the faces changed slightly and we need pictures of the different faces so that speedhut can make the correct art to match. We need high resolution straight on pictures of the following gauges:

20 to 160 speedo

0 to 160 speedo

10 to 160 speedo

and a Voltmeter

If any of you could help out that would be awesome, just e-mail the pictures to me, 2404U2NV@gmail.com, and I will make sure that they get to the right people at speedhut.

Hey guys' date='

I am the group leader for the speedhut gauge development and they contacted me a couple of weeks ago and said that they are ready to start making these things but we need a couple of pictures first. Because the same gauges were used in so many different years some of the faces changed slightly and we need pictures of the different faces so that speedhut can make the correct art to match. We need high resolution straight on pictures of the following gauges:

20 to 160 speedo

0 to 160 speedo

10 to 160 speedo

and a Voltmeter

If any of you could help out that would be awesome, just e-mail the pictures to me, [email']2404U2NV@gmail.com[/email], and I will make sure that they get to the right people at speedhut.

So if they are ready to make the gauges, does this mean if 280zx 130mph stuff was sent to them that they can get those done too?

Guest 240 4U2NV

It depends on the guages that were used in the 280zx. I only have a 240z and a set of gauges from a 260z, so I don't know what the 280zx had in it. If your gauges look Identical to the ones pictured on the speed hut web site, or if you know that you could put 240 gauges in your zx then I would say yes they could make them. If you want to e-mail me some pictures of your dash/gauges I could contact speedhut and make sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I talked to them today, they didn't mention fixing the cutout for the light or the crescent shape for the voltmeter sweep. Just told me what the workaround would be.

I just got the replacement back yesterday, they were fixing the CHG text and the voltmeter sweep bar was 1/8" too short.

They still didn't do anything with the chg light hole.