HybridZ

Cars For Sale In Japan

Corzette

For some reason the links are working now?anywho, there are some really sweet old gt r's! You should pile a bunch up and bring em back ^_^.

Oh...and that wild looking rx7!

Corzette...plan on bringing any motors/front clips back? You could easily make a fortune, and help out alottttt of people over here... =)

Damn guys you all have it all figured out. Hey Im quiting my job tomorrow and starting my own business...hahaha. Hey shipping a vehicle is only like $1200ish from here so shippings not a big deal. Can anyone verify the 25 year thing? All I know is 10 years or older waivers the emissions for Federal only. DOT is another issue. If we can verify that nothing has to be done for 25 or older then Im going shopping soon! Yeah for 6K I was thinking about the red RX7 just because and its a 13B! The rear ORCA tail has to go....should be a good car for an LS1....hmmmmm. Mike nothing yet on mirrors...I have to go to Numazu soon and check the up garage there...

Terry

If we can verify that nothing has to be done for 25 or older then Im going shopping soon!

Terry

25 years or older for DOT and 23 years or older for EPA.

In a few years I am planning to get a Hakosuka again. To bad I sold my last one idiot, idiot...

Any car 25 years or older is exempt from all Federal standards. State standards may still need to be met though. Here in Ca. any car newer than '74 needs to be smogged still. Customs is not an issue. As long as all the paperwork is filed and they get their fees, they won't even look at you. When I brought in my Hakosuka last year, I was in and out of the port with my car on the trailer in less than an hour. All the Customs guys wanted was a signature and a little chit chat about my car as they had never seen one before. As for having the car put into a container of parts, I would highly reccommend against this. When you go to register the car, you will need to supply the DMV with the Japanese title, bill of sale, and all the customs paperwork showing the vin and year of the car. If you bring it in as parts, I can almost guarantee you will not be able to register it easily. I have brought in three cars now, and have never had a problem. I'm working on the fourth right now. I'm trying to bring in a '74 KGC110 Ken Mary Skyline. Hopefully the deal will come through soon. As for the flares, Stony may be right, but those look just like the Akira Z flares that were popular back in the '80's. I actually had a full brand new set up to a couple of years ago. They were absolutely huge.

Brian

Question what rear end do these have and will the R200 fit? What about suspension? Interchangeable with the S30 parts? Solid frame in these right? Not unibody? Well its LS1 all the way anyway and maybe Supercharger for the wow factor although that RB26 must be totally awesome when sitting in there!

Terry

I'm not sure, but I assume you are asking about the Hakosuka. It uses a swing arm rear suspension similiar to the 510. They come with R180's just like S30's. R200's can be installed with not too much trouble. As for the body, it is unibody not full frame. Like most Nissans, some of the parts are interchangeable, but I have found a few items that are compltetly unique to the Hakosuka. The LS1 would be interesting to say the least. I actually just took my car to it's first show a few weeks back. People were struck at seeing a Hakosuka to begine with. Once they had worked their way to the engine most just simply gawked. The RB26 fits very nicely. I'll admit I thoroughly enjoyed it. Look up my previous posts and you'll see most of my build up under "update on my Skyline". I think you'll find most of your answers in the pics.

Brian

told ya its a doable thing!

the place that would ship it over for me wouldnt be putting into parts but just shipping it over un-touched and etc.

im going tomorrow to look at the R32 skyline GTR they brought over.. might be the new shop car.

Terry ill get intouch with you soon about a car or 2. im looking for the right Z and right old skyline for my next projects.. so we deff will hook up on that!

and ya just let me know when you find some mirrors.

thanks again man!

mike