HybridZ

ZG Flares on a Light Blue 240Z

kj280z

Hey guys...

I've been searching with no luck...

I can't seem to find a example of a early Z in Light Blue Metalic (code 305) with ZG Flares...

I kinda think they wouldn't look right with that color.... who knows...

Maybe Carbon fiber would look ok? Maybe painting them dark grey(silver) metalic?

Decisions Decisions...

If anyone has a picture or 2 of a few examples of Light Blue Z's with ZG flares I'd love to see them... Post them here or email them to

ken280z@hotmail.com

Thanks

Ken

MSA had thier carbon fiber ZG's at the JCCS (Japanese Classic Car Show) in October. They were definately not the best quality... the weaves were buggered and would only look good if they were painted. I think the regular, non CF, flares would look the best (if you're going the ZG route). You can easily paint them to suite your tastes. That's just my opinion...

Yeah ditto on the CF ZG flares. I got a set from MSA and I really wish I had got the fiberglass ones and painted them. I will probably end up painting my CF ZGs now.... They fit nice but not the best finish on the weave pattern. The one good thing I've heard for the CF flares is that they are a bit more frlexable or shapeable than the fiberglass ones. The CFs were real easy to fit and install, however I don't have any first hand experience with the glass ones.

With ZG Flares, can you fill the holes where the bolts go and blend them in? I like the width, but I'm not supar-keen on the bolt look.

Second question, what trimming needs to be done to the real wheel well in order to run wider meats without rubbing?

Sorry for the n00b-ness...

Hey... there's several posts on fitting the ZG flares... it requires cutting and rewelding in the rear and just some cutting in the front... search and you find them...

Still need a pic of a "light" blue early Z with ZG's on it... we're getting close! Remember I'm looking for paint code 305... I don't think I've EVER seen one... could that be the case?!!!

HS30-H

The pictures you emailed to me were GREAT! Thank you! If it's ok with you I'll post them here, just let me know...

I'm starting to see that it's very critical to chose the right color combination with ZG flares and body color.

Sometimes a light colored flare and dark body color look ok, and other times it doesn't look so great.

The light colored cars seem to be more of a challenge...

I think my sky blue Z will have to have flares that are the same color as the body in order to look ok, although I'd like to see how the sky blue color would look with a silver or grey flare...

Anyway, if anyone has any pics of a sky blue Z with the ZG flares painted the same as the car or in silver or grey that would be REALLY helpful!

Thanks for all your help on this! So far HS30-H was the only one to come up with a picture of a sky blue Z with ZG flares... seems like a rare combo!

Ken

HS30-H

The pictures you emailed to me were GREAT! Thank you! If it's ok with you I'll post them here' date=' just let me know...[/quote']

Ken,

By all means, post them up here if you wish - but please post only the ones that have my watermark on them. I don't think that all of them did.

If you want higher resolution copies, I can e-mail you with some. It might help you to be able to zoom in on some details?

That light blue car is very unusual in Japan. Most genuine Factory-built ZGs nowadays tend to be returned to their Factory colour ( or at least one of the three ZG Factory colours ). I can't be 100% sure that the car in question was a genuine Factory ZG, but if it was a replica then it was a pretty good one.

It looked pretty damned good in the autumn sunshine.

Cheers,

Alan T.

Hey all,

Attached are the pics from Alan that had his watermark as well as a few others from unknown sources...

The color combinations get pretty interesting... still looking for a sky blue Z with some different combinations!

Here's what we have so far:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

I took the liberty of cleaning up the "off-topic" posts in this thread. Let's keep it on topic.

Anyone who cares to discuss the copyright or "Respect" issues offline can contact the admin staff or myself if there is a problem.

Back to the topic at hand... ZG Flares on a light blue S30...

I have none...

Mike

Guest JAMIE T

I have two sets for my car. One set was on my gold 240Z and is a very old set. I don't know if they are US made or Japanese made, but they are from the late 70's early 80's as that is when the car was modified to it's current state. The other set was bought in Japan and brought over by one of our members and sold to Mikelly from whom I bought them from. My older set is black. My newer set had been painted blue. I've since sanded them and primed them for painting my body color. The other set I'm going to leave black and see which one looks the best on the car.

MSA had thier carbon fiber ZG's at the JCCS (Japanese Classic Car Show) in October. They were definately not the best quality... the weaves were buggered and would only look good if they were painted. I think the regular, non CF, flares would look the best (if you're going the ZG route). You can easily paint them to suite your tastes. That's just my opinion...

I was at that show and I too noticed the lack in quility. By the way did you notice the white 240Z with the large fender flares. The car was kinda in rough shape but the flares were nice wide fiberglass ones. I have been looking for some nice wide flares like that for a while and I did not get to talk to that owner. Do you have any pictures of the car I'm talking about?

Guest Dorifto

I had a writeup saved on my computer at one point and time about that specific car, and if I remember correctly they're 16" in diameter, fronts are 7.5" wide, and the rears are 9" in width. RSWatanabe would be the brand.