HybridZ

2007:The return my fav opponents (Do you have a make/model you hold a grudge to?)

240ZR

Looks like in 07 the camaro will be making a come back, God I love nothing more then shutting down people in camaros, you know the kind, you pull up next to the guy and he has the windows down and some rock blaring, probably sunglasses, and maybe some decent looking woman. You rev twice to get his attention over his bad music, he looks over at your little Z and laughs. You wait for the light and give him a little then gun it, before you know it you have a few lengths on him and look back and just giggle, b/c you built a 10-11second car for less then 15k....... and he spend what 35-40k for an SS?

Meh OK well Id love to hear who you see as you "enemy" strictly speak make/model and what not... I heard there usta be a Z <-> Supra...... OK well have fun guys...

Guest davidssickmind

Are you talking about the new Camaro that looks like the original 67 Camaro? Because if so, they're not being produced by Chevrolet, but by a custom shop (completely forgot the name). They're over 400K, and have 700hp. The company only plans to sell 12, and each will be handmade to the new owner's specifications.

Here's a link I found:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/funonwheels/11/09/motion_camaro/index.html

Unless I'm being a little slow, and Chevrolet has immediate plans for the resurrection of the Camaro, I think you're talking about that one.

And by the way, I've seen 10-11 second Camaros be built for less than or around 15K. I know it's just you aren't too fond of Camaros, but you could say the exact same thing to 350Z owners.

Oh and for the initial question of cars that I've always disliked. Mustangs. I could never stand Mustangs. That's just me though

I like all the cars, what I dont like is the fact that some clueless individual has purchased a fast car as an ego boost. I show some respect for the average hot rodder, but zero for a rich twit. When I blow them off the road I think about my 27 dollar insurance payment and laugh out loud.

foose is building new camaros based on the 1969 rs-z/28 $125,000.

GM won't be using the camaro name anytime soon.

they shafted a town in canada, that gave em all kinds of tax breaks and i believe even paid to upgrade the roads and the plant so that GM wouldn't move the production of the camaro and firebird to another location.

in turn, GM signed a contract that if that town did all those things, GM would only produce the camaro and firebird in that town, in that plant.

the plant was not as profitable as GM wanted it to be. would be heaps cheaper to build the cars in mexico or argentina. the town made more concessions to GM.

GM wanted out of the contract, out of that plant. used the excuse of lagging sales to close the plant. sales were not off enough to warrant closing the plant, nor were they off enough to kill the car. GM wanted out of the contract with that town.

articles in several industry magazines as well as car and driver.

according to the contract, i think it said that for the next 20 years, all camaros and firebirds built by GM must be built in the plant in canada.

GM will most likely declare bankruptcy, void current union contracts, nullify their contract with past and future employees to provide pensions.

will also allow them to rewrite wage and benefit promises specified in current union contracts.

but, not to hijack your thread, you ain't gonna see no new camaros or firebirds, unless GM gets a favorable ruling in bankruptcy court where they can convince a judge or two that they need the name plate to survive and that building em in mexico is the way to make money.

otherwise that town in canada can sue the pants off GM for building camaros and firebirds, should GM not build em in that plant in canada.

that said ... the only race i got into with my 72 scarab during the brief time i had it running between reengineering and upgrading, was with a newer z/28.

at the time, faded blue paint, stock 280z hubcaps, single pipe under the rear bumper. looked like any other beat up 240z.

younger asian man. looked at me. i smiled and nodded. he gave me the piece of crap look. light changed, he took off quick, but no race. looks to his left, i'm still there. 4 blocks, next light red.

gives me the annoyed with you look. light turns green, he pulls out quick, gonna show me a thing or two. gets a car length between us, i jump on it a bit. he looks to his right, i smile, he's not happy. 4 blocks another red light.

no one around but us. same as other lights. at this light, he won't even glance at me.

green light, he lights up the tires, sparks and smoke, he's pulling away.

since i got it running ( was parked, broken, by previous owner for 10 yrs ) this was the scarab's 1st trip of more than a mile or so from home. decided, i would chance it, if anything broke call triple a for a tow home.

he was out a car on me and moving. i jumped on it hard, topped 1st gear , grabbed 2nd, was right along side him, passed him as i topped 2nd, grabbed 3rd, he was a car behind me, i let off and coasted into 4th at about 75 mph. took the count of 3 and he shot past me.

next light is red. he's along side me on my left. light goes green he real quick jumps in left turn lane, runs red light, shoots down a side street.

guess he was a bit miffed trying to figure out how he lost to what appears to be a beat up stock 1972 240z.

one and only race, within an hour of pulling back into my driveway, i took my z apart again. upgrades and modifications. it hasn't been on the road since and that was over a year ago. start these things and run out of money.

you think i'd know better, LOL

Guest bastaad525

there are STRONG rumors that GM *WILL* be showing a new camaro concept at an upcoming '06 auto show. I've read this in several places, most recent I can remember was in the most recent issue of Auto Week magazine.

Are you talking about the new Camaro that looks like the original 67 Camaro? Because if so' date=' they're not being produced by Chevrolet, but by a custom shop (completely forgot the name). They're over 400K, and have 700hp. The company only plans to sell 12, and each will be handmade to the new owner's specifications.

Here's a link I found:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/AUTOS/funonwheels/11/09/motion_camaro/index.html

Unless I'm being a little slow, and Chevrolet has immediate plans for the resurrection of the Camaro, I think you're talking about that one.

I think the artical was in Popular hot rodding last month or the month befor

and yes ALOT belive it will be a reskined car..... But still I've heard no SS untill 08-09 tehehehe. You all know Chevy wants to take the Vette to a supercar and leave the Camaro as its afforable hotrodd

This came off the homepage from http://www.camaroz28.com

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=106732

DETROIT — Chevrolet plans to take the wraps off a concept Camaro at the 2006 Detroit auto show in January.

Also, Inside Line has learned the automaker is evaluating proposals to revive the classic performance-car nameplate in 2009-2010 on a new low-cost rear-wheel-drive platform.

Among the scenarios under discussion inside General Motors is the development of a lower-cost version of the Sigma rear-drive platform that underpins the Cadillac CTS and STS sedans. Another proposal would take the new rear-drive platform that's being developed in Australia for the next-generation Holden Commodore sedan and spin off a low-cost variant for North America.

GM planners are said to have targeted several body styles for the Chevy and Pontiac brands on a new rear-drive platform, including a sport sedan, a sporty coupe and a convertible. The Camaro and GTO badges could be used on those vehicles, according to company sources.

Across town, Chrysler is said to be preparing a concept Dodge Challenger for the '06 Detroit show, to test the market for a proposed two-door performance car it wants to introduce around 2008-2009 as a potential competitor to the Ford Mustang.

What this means to you: Guess it was just a matter of time and environmental awareness — the original definition of muscle cars doesn't fit well with new perceptions of what's best for the world...could there be a "green" muscle car in our future?

I get tickled when I spank the crap out of flashy Mustangs and the driver won't even look at you. I do also like handing it out to Camaros that have louder than stock exhaust (and usually nothing else) and go around revving on it all the time. It's the guys that don't show off that I'm scared of. In my mind when you got a little something you don't feel like you have to prove anything but you don't mind showing the little dudes who have put a muffler and a K&N on and think they have something what's up.

I don't have any grudges against any cars in particular. I normally just have grudges with owners of cars that think their cars are a lot faster than they are, or dismiss my z(s) as "rice" (in a negative manner).

Basically I like fast cars and nice, open minded people in general.

all others can bug off :]]]

Guest JAMIE T
I get tickled when I spank the crap out of flashy Mustangs and the driver won't even look at you. I do also like handing it out to Camaros that have louder than stock exhaust (and usually nothing else) and go around revving on it all the time. It's the guys that don't show off that I'm scared of. In my mind when you got a little something you don't feel like you have to prove anything but you don't mind showing the little dudes who have put a muffler and a K&N on and think they have something what's up.

LOL, that is my take also. I had a Z28 until late this summer. A '94 6spd, with 350rwhp. That's alittle over 400 at the crank. While it's exhaust note was alittle different than stock, it was only a little louder at idle due to the cam and long tube headers. When I was propositioned for a race, I would act like it was no biggy and just sit waiting for the light to change. No revving the engine or gunning it or anything like that. I also ALWAYS had drag radials filled to about 15 psi on the back too. Stock wheels, stock ride height, stock exhaust from the Y-pipe back. It was the ultimate sleeper around here. Just the way I like them. My 240Z is going to be basically the opposite of that! 4" exhaust is hard to play off.

My beef is with people that think comaros, stangs, fire chickens, ect, think they're fast with few mods. Very few cars take my attention in stock trim. I've watched guys take thier precious new M3s to the track only to run 14s. I've watched 03-04 cobras run 14's, i've seen WS6s run 14's. Basically most those guys that you can get to race you stop light to stop light can't drive (maybe this is different other places, but around here it's true). Watch a mustang guy shift, watch it take him half a second. I've driven plenty of mustangs, it's an art to shift the older fox stangs. But you can get those shifts extremely fast if you know how.

But there's ALWAYS those people, with exhast, maybe intake, maybe even some other light mods like FPR (illegal in CA), but they still can't drive and even if they could they still wouldn't be that fast.

I think if you had a car you could run 11s in you could smoke just about anyone you met on the street in my part of the bay. Shoot, I have friends with 13's second cars that have a hard time finding a challenge on the street. Unless you're going to serious street races or the track, people are just plain slow.

But my all time hated car would be... (gotta think) euro cars... yea, euro cars. They're the only owners I've found that just seem to hate everything. Most car owners can respect anything that's really fast, but not euro people, they always seem stuck up about thier companies.

I still expect GM to make another comaro someday, but maybe i'm wrong there. If the vette reached for exotic/supercar status (wich i hope it does, even though i'm not a fan, just admirer) ford had better get it's act in gear with the GT... :roll: But that could leave GM totally out of the market for muscle bound american buyers. The GTO isn't at hit, and what else is there?

Now that challenger spyshot... oOo, a dodge that could reclaim thier dignity. It would be nice if it actually looked like that. I still wouldn't buy it, but that's for other reasons. Now they just need to remake the cuda, roadrunner, and demon. Maybe even the dart.

I like all the cars, what I dont like is the fact that some clueless individual has purchased a fast car as an ego boost. I show some respect for the average hot rodder, but zero for a rich twit. When I blow them off the road I think about my 27 dollar insurance payment and laugh out loud.

Exactly.

I would love to see them bring back the Camaro and still hold out hope that GM will finally pull its head out of its backside... And hopefully any new Camaro wont look like crap...

I have also heard some rumors. A few individuals who work for GM have made comments that something is coming... whether it is a Camaro or not they cannot say... but we "will be pleased." I hope they are right.

I would love to see them bring back the Camaro and still hold out hope that GM will finally pull its head out of its backside... And hopefully any new Camaro wont look like crap...

I have also heard some rumors. A few individuals who work for GM have made comments that something is coming... whether it is a Camaro or not they cannot say... but we "will be pleased." I hope they are right.

Yeah wouldn't it be nice to get a 2500lb car with a v8? Oh wait nevermind.